Aftermarket gauge question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to install an aftermarket temp gauge. I've been reading online but haven't found a clear answer. The BJ73 its going in is 24v. Can I just install the gauge, and swap in a 24v light bulb or do I need to make some adjustments to the wiring? Anyone have a recommendation on a quality gauge that would be 24v if that is the case?

If the gauge is mechanical all you need to do is change the bulb.

If it is an electric gauge buy a 24V gauge and sending unit. 173395583542. VDO 24V

most 24v LC owners install a simple power converter (24v-->12v) for accessories like that. Then you'll also be able to charge phones, etc. And you have a few more options than the busted a$$ 24v options that are available.

Gauges from Auber Instruments can be had in 24v. I have EGT, temp and boost in 24v from them and have been very pleased with their performance so far. Most DC chargers, and auto accessory power supplies can also handle 24 volt DC. I have had no problems using garmin gps units, usb chargers for phones, blue tooth speakers etc in my 24v truck. Acceptable voltage range for DC accessories are always listed on the item.

Look at redarc gauges, pricey but quality and come in 24v flavor

x2 for the use of a mechanical one - 24v bulb and good - as sedonut already mentioned above. I have oil pressure and water temp that way.
x2 for Auber too - just doesn't look the part in an classic vehicle - but they are so fast and accurate - they are sort of science ish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom