aftermarket fuel guage? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at aftermarket guages...

Noticed that in the autometer phantom line that the fuel guages have different OHM ratings for "full" etc...

Anyone know what the Toyota OEM guage is rated....

just wondering if there is a PLug and play solution to the guage or will I have to get a different sending unit?

Gauges, Analog - SummitRacing.com

no-one have any direct knowledge on the ohm rating of the oem fuel tank sender for a 60?

Float position empty=120 +/- 6.5 ohms
half tank = 40 +/- 4.5
full = 17 +/- 2.1

It's right there in the shop manual.............................................

wait

oh, you don't have one?

Full=17 ohms

1/2=40 ohms

E=120 ohms

I'm goin' through that right now as I'm gonna put a Bronco 33 gallon tank in mine(with a Ford V8) and the stupid-ass Ford sender is completely opposite

160 ohms @ Full

dummasses :rolleyes:

If you are planning on running aftermarket gauges the easiest is to use their sender and looking at the FSM there is an access panel in the back floor board just above the sender so should be really easy to swap out just peel the carpet back and see that is what I will be tackling in the near future.

I'm planning on using the sending unit that is sold with my aftermarket fuel gauge. I designed my low fuel light circuit around its range. It has a circular mounting flange and is height adjustable (as most universal/aftermarket sending units are) so im going to take the yota one out and throw in the aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom