Aftermarket Fender Flares??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GXO

GXO
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
gxor.org
[quote author=Safado link=board=2;threadid=5627;start=msg44750#msg44750 date=1064499803]
still worried about the mud/ rock/ trash flinging up on the sides and beating the hell out of the paint.

Any ideas?

[/quote]

Don't wheel your truck if you have these concerns and buy a beater :D

I've been comtemplating this myself but i think the best way to go would be to run tube off of my sliders around the wheel wells and to the front and rear bumpers i don't know if it would work with the way the rear door is, just an idea.

Bradass,
Tube around the rear door will be tough.

There's a guy getting some custom front fenders made for his 80 on the east coast. 3/16" I think. They will have tube reinforced flares similiar to what some of the 40's have done, but still maintaining the 80's appearance.

Where I live it is illegal to run tires that stick out past the fenders/flares. I don't know if that affects you guys that are removing the flares or if you really care, but it is a thought. I guess they don't like it when instead of brushing a ped. back back with the fender you suck them up in the treads.
Bill

Does this guy have a website or any pics of them on the web yet?

Sefado,

These pics are of what else are available here in Japan, as far as fedner flares go :eek:
(from a 900+ page 4X4 Magazine parts catalogue).

Sorry for the poor quality of pics, I had to trim them to below 80k to be able to post.

They are not cheap, but let me know if I can help.
:cheers:
mot

And one more!(only 1 pic of fender and other junk ;)

Man,

We are goin' the wrong way. I changed my mind. I'm gonna slam mine and put some 35 series tires on. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom