Aftermarket Fender Flares???

GXO

GXOR
SILVER Star
Website
gxor.org
[quote author=Safado link=board=2;threadid=5627;start=msg44750#msg44750 date=1064499803]
still worried about the mud/ rock/ trash flinging up on the sides and beating the hell out of the paint.

Any ideas?

[/quote]

Don't wheel your truck if you have these concerns and buy a beater :D

Visit site
I've been comtemplating this myself but i think the best way to go would be to run tube off of my sliders around the wheel wells and to the front and rear bumpers i don't know if it would work with the way the rear door is, just an idea.

Visit site
Bradass,
Tube around the rear door will be tough.

There's a guy getting some custom front fenders made for his 80 on the east coast. 3/16" I think. They will have tube reinforced flares similiar to what some of the 40's have done, but still maintaining the 80's appearance.

Photoman

SILVER Star
Visit site
Where I live it is illegal to run tires that stick out past the fenders/flares. I don't know if that affects you guys that are removing the flares or if you really care, but it is a thought. I guess they don't like it when instead of brushing a ped. back back with the fender you suck them up in the treads.
Bill

Visit site
Sefado,

These pics are of what else are available here in Japan, as far as fedner flares go :eek:
(from a 900+ page 4X4 Magazine parts catalogue).

Sorry for the poor quality of pics, I had to trim them to below 80k to be able to post.

They are not cheap, but let me know if I can help.
:cheers:
mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom