Aftermarket Door Handle Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those who have repainted their rig or have replaced door handles due to the weatherstrip/gasket aging what brand have you guys used?

The Rock Auto door handles seem to have a decent reputation and seem like a good replacement for when I repaint the cruiser.

Thanks for the help muchachos

Edit: I just checked RockAuto's prices and with only a 30 dollar difference I'm deciding to go with OEM at $110~. Super sad its gonna cost me around 450 dollars to get new weatherstripping bezels for the door handles but it is what it is I suppose. Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Some OEM door handles are still available, I’d go that route if available. I’ve heard of many aftermarket options don’t hold up well to normal use. What color is your rig and which handles do you need?

Dorman brand are generally good quality, if made in Korea. If made in CCP Chynna, not so much with rare exceptions, IME.

Some OEM door handles are still available, I’d go that route if available. I’ve heard of many aftermarket options don’t hold up well to normal use. What color is your rig and which handles do you need?

I believe my color is the emerald green color. I need all 4 door handles :doh:. The Nevada Sun did a pretty good job baking all the trim pieces

IME if you ask a counter person at O'Reillys to look up the country of origin
for a particular part, they can do that if they know how to find that info in their parts system and want to take the time.

You could buy the Rockauto part and check out the quality, might say
in the package where it's manufactured.

Last edited:
i purchased the DORMAN 83665 from rock auto, almost $100 shipped. its black, but more of a matte sheen, but blends in with my black exterior well enough for me to forget about. the quality seemed comparable to the broken oem unit i removed.

I just broke my chrome door handle on '93 HDJ80. Found this thread then went shopping. I almost bought a Dorman which is on Amazon (BTW the photo shows it stamped "Made in Taiwan" which is or isn't China but definitely isn't Korea.)

But a found a chrome one through Toyota. They said there was 1 left in the warehouse but assume that is a regional warehouse and not necessarily the last one nationally.

This is the Photo on Amazon:
Screenshot 2022-11-03 185639.jpg

IME Taiwan parts are generally Good quality, better then Comm Chy nah, but might not be as good as US or Japan. Either way, there're not many options.

Dorman are decent quality. Side by side with Toyota ones, they’re very similar. I bought two dormans to compare with my Toyota ones. Doesn’t appear to be poor quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom