Aftermarket Door Handle Recommendations

96eighty

96eighty

For those who have repainted their rig or have replaced door handles due to the weatherstrip/gasket aging what brand have you guys used?

The Rock Auto door handles seem to have a decent reputation and seem like a good replacement for when I repaint the cruiser.

Thanks for the help muchachos

Edit: I just checked RockAuto's prices and with only a 30 dollar difference I'm deciding to go with OEM at $110~. Super sad its gonna cost me around 450 dollars to get new weatherstripping bezels for the door handles but it is what it is I suppose. Thanks everyone

Last edited:
FMC80

FMC80

SILVER Star
Some OEM door handles are still available, I’d go that route if available. I’ve heard of many aftermarket options don’t hold up well to normal use. What color is your rig and which handles do you need?

K

Kernal

Dorman brand are generally good quality, if made in Korea. If made in CCP Chynna, not so much with rare exceptions, IME.

96eighty

96eighty

Some OEM door handles are still available, I’d go that route if available. I’ve heard of many aftermarket options don’t hold up well to normal use. What color is your rig and which handles do you need?

I believe my color is the emerald green color. I need all 4 door handles :doh:. The Nevada Sun did a pretty good job baking all the trim pieces

96eighty

96eighty

Dorman brand are generally good quality, if made in Korea. If made in CCP Chynna, not so much with rare exceptions, IME.
I appreciate the input. By chance do you know if the ones sold by rock auto are from Chynna?

K

Kernal

IME if you ask a counter person at O'Reillys to look up the country of origin
for a particular part, they can do that if they know how to find that info in their parts system and want to take the time.

You could buy the Rockauto part and check out the quality, might say
in the package where it's manufactured.

Last edited:
CalnSam

CalnSam

SILVER Star
i purchased the DORMAN 83665 from rock auto, almost $100 shipped. its black, but more of a matte sheen, but blends in with my black exterior well enough for me to forget about. the quality seemed comparable to the broken oem unit i removed.

FMC80

FMC80

SILVER Star
The front door handles are still available in green from Toyota. The rears are NLA