Aftermarket Diff Locks for a FJ80 (1991) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone! New to this forum and based on Southern Baja. I own a FJ80 1991, and I was wondering if I can install aftermarket locking differential for both rear and front diffs. If that´s possible ... Which would you recommend?
Thank you in advance.

Search my friend, it's been done and done again.

Oh welcome to mud :flipoff2:

Yes sir, I run ARB selectable air lockers front and rear and been 6 yrs without problems

Yes
Arb
Eaton
Harrop
I am sure there are some others as well

I'm looking at the TJM variants; based on maintainability and what needs to occur to make them work again if a seal goes bad.
Crossing fingers, should be in by June or July this year.🤞

Yes
Arb
Eaton
Harrop
I am sure there are some others as well
Not necessarily if he has the semi-float rear axle. That limits the possibilities.

Swap the entire rear axle for a later full-floating one and then you have more options. Pretty sure you'll need 16" wheels to clear the brakes.

Not necessarily if he has the semi-float rear axle. That limits the possibilities.
My 91 had a rear auto locker installed by the original owner. He told me it was a Detroit.

My buddy has arb's in his 91. I am sure there are also other lockers that will also work in a 91.

My 91 had a rear auto locker installed by the original owner. He told me it was a Detroit.

My buddy has arb's in his 91. I am sure there are also other lockers that will also work in a 91.
I was only aware of the ARB.

Eaton and Harrop cannot do the 91-92 semi-float.

IDK for sure on the Detroit locker or if there are any "lunchbox" lockers that fit the semi-float rears.

@jonheld recently posted about this as well.

IDK for sure on the Detroit locker or if there are any "lunchbox" lockers that fit the semi-float rears.
Absolutely available. I wouldn't use one, but they're far less expensive than a selectable locker and can be installed in your driveway. At least that used to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom