Aftermarket carb hats that work on a 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what aftermarket carb hats fit a stock 2F carb?

Aisian carb bits fitted to 1970-1987 are probably not interchangeable. Air bleeds and jetting vary. Suggest new trolehole(sp) carb.

I have a trolehole carb, just curious about these style carb hats to fit a BJ60 air filter setup.
carb hat.jpg

Can someone supply me with measurements to a 2F carb? The diameter of the top of the carb would be great. Unfortunately I'm wayyyyyy away from mine now.

Can someone supply me with measurements to a 2F carb? The diameter of the top of the carb would be great. Unfortunately I'm wayyyyyy away from mine now.
If I remember too tonight I will pop my hood and grab a measurement with my calipers. Sounds like you are trying to mate the BJ60 canister (like the 62 and up) to the 2F carb hat? Maybe look into a 3F (not 3FE) carb hat?

If I remember too tonight I will pop my hood and grab a measurement with my calipers. Sounds like you are trying to mate the BJ60 canister (like the 62 and up) to the 2F carb hat? Maybe look into a 3F (not 3FE) carb hat?

Exactly, but the 2F and 3F carb hats are impossible to find. I have an order on one now, but I have a feeling I'm going to get an email saying it's not in stock or discontinued.

Thanks! that measurement would be great. No rush whatsoever.

Exactly, but the 2F and 3F carb hats are impossible to find. I have an order on one now, but I have a feeling I'm going to get an email saying it's not in stock or discontinued.

yeah I am 99% sure they are NLA.. Best bet is to talk with one of the guys that gets parts from Australia and see if you can get one shipped over. Think @HemiAlex is working on this right now as we speak.

@beno had a carb hat set up not too long ago. Check with him.

I've got a BJ or HJ set up at home with a short carb hat. It will work on my 2F without much of a hassle. I just have to reclock my AC compressor lines and the air cleaner housing will fit.

This is what you are after - A non USA canister filter assy and 2f carb hat.

I had this on my 60 before my diesel swap. I kept the canister filter, but sold the hat.

At least you have a picture with the correct parts for a 60/2f.

Hope you find one.

DSC03505.JPG
DSC03513.JPG
DSC03509.JPG

A 62 bottom half, a 1HZ top half for the air filter housing.

The 2F carb hats

Long discontinued.

I have a good used 3F carb hat if anyone wants one.

It will need to be modded so that the carby arm doesn't interfere with the 3F carb hat.

2F carb hat is different.

Thanks everyone! @doug720 that is exactly what I want! @beno how much modification does it need and what are you looking to get out of it? I'll do some research to see how the mod is done, but resources have been limited (you can reply here or pm). I am overseas all the time, so I may look oconus and see what I can find too.

I'm interested in any solutions! Thanks

These are the 3F carb hats. Will work, but there is interference with the idle up actuator rod on the carby. At least that's the way my foggy memory remembers it.

@doug720 has the correct 2F carby hat which is a pink unicorn these days. I bought one from SOR a bunch of moons ago and it was STUPID expensive for a pretty rusted out part. But this is a "pay to play" game.

These are the 3F carb hats. Will work, but there is interference with the idle up actuator rod on the carby. At least that's the way my foggy memory remembers it.

@doug720 has the correct 2F carby hat which is a pink unicorn these days. I bought one from SOR a bunch of moons ago and it was STUPID expensive for a pretty rusted out part. But this is a "pay to play" game.

You wanted to possibly sell the 3F one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom