Aftermarket c/l upgrade wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IH8MUD Forum
dominic

REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING UPGRADE (1 Viewer)​

Unwatch
•••
[IMG alt="dominic"]https://forum.ih8mud.com/data/avatars/m/2/2469.jpg?1395204474[/IMG]

dominic

Hi, folks.
My 1998 100 series came with manual central locking only. Operated by the door key and the c/l button on the driver’s door.
Years ago, I got a remote upgrade fitted onto it. Has worked well for a long time. The unit works perfectly but
the fobs are now giving trouble and I would like to replace the unit. I would like advice on how to wire a Viper 412V to it
I have taken off the driver’s door, little ‘wooden’ panel, which has the windows buttons, windows lock and central locking buttons on it.
The old remote unit has been placed in there and wired to the loom, in the door, which goes to the central locking button, windows etc.
Four of the unit’s wires are not connected. ( presumably, they are for indicators, alarm etc. ). I am only interested in the remote locking/unlocking. The black, yellow and yellow/black are spliced together and joined to the black, on the loom. ( presumably earth ).
Red wire is spliced to the red wire on the loom. The two remaining wires, white, white/black are then, separately spliced to two green wires on the loom. As the wiring on the Viper, will probably be colour coded differently, might it still be relatively easy to wire?
Am I right in thinking that the two wires, wired separately to the two loom greens are for the lock/unlock purpose. Would greatly appreciate some advice. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom