Aftermarket Bumpers Added Length? (pre-16)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched and haven't found specific answers yet. I am looking to add a plate bumper but am somewhat limited in the overall length that fits in the free spot in my garage. I have seen a few posts saying ARB sticks out further than TJM, but haven't found the actual measurement differences.

I was curious if anyone had the added length (or length from grill to front of the bumper) for the various aftermarket bumpers out there? Looking at ARB/TJM/Ironman/Dobinsons/etc...

If anyone has these bumpers (or others) if you could measure and let me know I can update the original post for others to reference. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------

Added Length

ARB- Approximately 9 inches per ARB USA
Dobinsons- 305mm (12") from grill to front of bar per Dobinsons Australia

Last edited:
I have searched and haven't found specific answers yet. I am looking to add a plate bumper but am somewhat limited in the overall length that fits in the free spot in my garage. I have seen a few posts saying ARB sticks out further than TJM, but haven't found the actual measurement differences.

I was curious if anyone had the added length (or length from grill to front of the bumper) for the various aftermarket bumpers out there? Looking at ARB/TJM/Ironman/Dobinsons/etc...

If anyone has these bumpers (or others) if you could measure and let me know I can update the original post for others to reference. Thanks!
This is a deluxe Ironman pushed back and high as it will go. I believe the tjm requires more cutting into the grill area to fit the uprights…so it’s even tighter.

E8BE5DB9-3A1F-4725-BE6B-DAF505815DEA.jpeg

I think this is an arb

4D5D7132-63DC-4D30-BD8E-1692B982578F.jpeg

Here another of the Ironman deluxe

As you can see, you have clear access to the winch on top of the bumper with it…same with the arb.

I do not believe you have those cutouts to stick your hands in from the top with the tjm.
35701F92-168F-4EB7-A9B9-797ECE30BD86.jpeg

Thanks highfructose! Is that your LX with the Ironman? How do you like it so far?

Thanks highfructose! Is that your LX with the Ironman? How do you like it so far?
Yes. Two downsides of the Ironman come to mind

1. there were no recovery points that were compatible with it so I had to slightly modify it with an angle grinder so that these arb recovery points worked (photo attached).

2. The included fog lights are basically ornamental. You really need to upgrade to the led ones they sell.

Other than that, I’m very satisfied, especially for the price…I considered the cost of hitting a deer with the stock bumper and the cost of this Ironman bumper ($1300 or so including the upgraded fog lights) and decided I couldn’t afford not to purchase it.

FYI the $350 harbor freight 12,000 lb winch is compact enough to fit on this bumper without removing the bumper. I recommend that coupled with an Amazon synthetic winch line…very inexpensive, compact, and lightweight package.

3AC4BF4E-3B9E-46B1-8ED7-B4ACBA2AE669.jpeg

Bump for anyone else who may have measurements!

Dissent I think is the slimmest I've seen, for those like the OP who have length restrictions.

ARB sticks out the furthest

This measurement is taken from the front camera that I have not yet relocated. The push bars extend about an additional 1 3/4”. This is an ironman premium on a 2013 LX.

7F2B1797-A609-4782-A901-9BDD4A7E5654.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom