Aftermarket bumper install ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think they come from the land of Jeeps. Perhaps in the Jeep world it's common to have to correct mis-aligned bodies. :)
Yeah, they’re evolution was:
Jeep -> Tacoma -> 4Runner -> GX -> 100 series. I’d be surprised if a single POS Heep ever rolled off the assembly line with symmetry.

Will do. Life has been super busy and it’s frustrating as hell to keep playing with the bumper and it doesn’t affect the way it sits. I assumed like other bumpers, it would have adjustability built in. I bought this bumper because it was completely bolt on, no cutting factory components off. And I really like the look. I still think it’s a great product.

Last edited:
Man I wish you were closer to help out.

Without being there, it's a bit hard to do the "guesswork".

Are the lines of the bumper and hood parallel? It seems by the pics that they are not. But it's hard to see with only pics.

Like several people mentioned, it's time to measure the lines.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I did not start this thread to bash the vendor. I just wanted to know if adjusting the body was anything anyone had heard of thank you all for answering my question and your willingness to help. I have spoke to them on the phone and they are working to try to figure out what is going on.

they are more than willing to send out a replacement bumper to me ASAP if that’s what it takes. I don’t want this thread to turn into a bashing the vendor thread.

It’s really hard to measure while on the truck haha

I think I confused myself more by trying to measure.

I don’t want this thread to turn into a bashing the vendor thread.
We’re not bashing. The fact is they’re new to Cruisers and have a foundation in Jeeps. Growing pains should be expected *on their end*. We don’t make adjustments to the body to fit a bumper.

We’re not bashing. The fact is they’re new to Cruisers and have a foundation in Jeeps. Growing pains should be expected *on their end*. We don’t make adjustments to the body to fit a bumper.
Well said. I don't think anyone is bashing them, but it seems likely that the issue with the bumper is on their side, the expectation that a Land Cruiser's body needs to be adjusted to fit an aftermarket bumper is unrealistic, it should be the other way around.

I ordered same bumper from victory 4x4 on Jan 1, but without the hoops. By looking, it seems the driver side (bumper, not body) is to far in, making me thing it's the bumper, if your doors line up with the fenders, and hood, and gaping is proportioned, (ie. fit and finish look even) then would most likely should be the bumper.

Seems victory would offer some specs for measurement. not just (1) they said in the text. And also, put a disclaimer for their product about alignment issues on "Older" vehicles.

Now you got me worried when I get mine. I plan on doing an install write up when I get mine. If I have the same issues, will follow up.

Is it just me, or is that powder coat a flat black?

I'm writing this not knowing your full communication with our tech support team. I do know they asked you for some measurements so we can figure out what's up and what our next steps are. These bumpers are built on a jig to make sure they are symmetrical, and we do have some left-right adjustment built into the slots if you loosen all the hardware. I'm not sure why we went down the path of the front end being misaligned, but that's pretty easy to measure with a tape measure against the frame in the same spot on both sides to the fenders (and the bumper wings for that matter.) It's not impossible to see symmetry variance from the factory in any vehicle Toyota, Lexus, Ferrari, yes Jeep :rofl: and it doesn't get better when you put mileage on them (or wheel them!) But, really all we are doing is trying to figure out what the real issue is before we replace the bumper with one built on the same jig.

And that said, it doesn't matter what the issue is, I'm confident the team can help you figure it out with some measurements, and if it's our bumper we will be happy to address it.

~Daryl

@Victory 4x4 thanks for the reply.
What’s the best way to adjust these? I assumed there was no adjustment option since the tech initially wanted me to adjust my body and now requesting measurements.

What’s the best way to adjust these? I assumed there was no adjustment option since the tech initially wanted me to adjust my body and now requesting measurements.
If you loosen all the mounting bolts you should see the holes are all slotted. You may be able to just look at them without loosening any to see if there is any adjustment left for you to move the bumper to the driver side. Because of the design of the 100 (angled frame mounts), there isn't a TON of adjustment, but there is some.

Our 100 is the hoist and I just measured the front end. Our grille/fenders are 3/8" to the passenger side, but the bumper adjustment handled it and it is centered in relation. If we can't get there on yours we may be on two sides of the variance, but we will need to measure to figure out what's up. Talking with the same tech that Chris did, his friend's 100 front end was off to the driver's side. So I guess that may be where all this talk came from.

I'm sorry that the tech didn't ask if you were at the end of the bumper alignment slots in the first place, I guess he just assumed.

Last edited:
we do have some left-right adjustment built into the slots if you loosen all the hardware.
Sounds like you loosed all the hardware, align and retighten.

Having dented a few cars of my own, I know that you can get alignment issues even with a small fender bender. And newer cars with the bumper caps make it very easy for the shop to put them all back together without actually resolving the cause of the misalignment. It's when you go to bolt on something like these types of fenders that you will see the issue.

did you ever get this worked out?

finally sent some measurements back to them. The drivers side was shorter than passenger. Definitely not a mirror image of itself not was it symmetrical.

they agreed to build me a new one and get it out ASAP. This is really disappointing. Time to wait some more and not have my bumper/ winch for my multiple spring trips planned.

Last edited:
Victory sent the new bumper to me and I finally got around to installing it. Fit is MUCH improved and what I was looking for. Hopefully they worked out all the kinks by now.

Pics to follow.

647B6A61-3D67-4FFC-B529-1DF6A9CFE187.jpeg
5FC7040D-C9ED-47C0-BE8E-AD0A8E745AEF.jpeg
C44D01FA-FFF3-4BD3-AFC8-E56B31E4BC6D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom