Aftermarket brake pedal??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone used an aftermarket brake pedal assy? I know nothing about this fwiw.
Just that the brake pedal in my rig sits so high and yet the throw seems so long so I do t think I could cut/ bend it to where it's more comfortable.

I was either going to make a brake clutch pair or buy used stock car ones for my triple master setup, they have different leverage ratios available. I think Ive seen single brake apps but you can probably mod the stock one to work with about the same amount of work as cutting to fit an aftermarket one.
For a single app you could move the pivot further up, move the end for the master further down, or change to a bigger bore master cylinder to shorten travel though all of these reduce mechanical or hydraulic advantage making for a stiffer pedal.

Last edited:
I was either going to make a brake clutch pair or buy used stock car ones for my triple master setup, they have different leverage ratios available. I think Ive seen single brake apps but you can probably mod the stock one to work with about the same amount of work as cutting to fit an aftermarket one.
For a single app you could move the pivot further up, move the end for the master further down, or change to a bigger bore master cylinder to shorten travel though all of these reduce mechanical or hydraulic advantage making for a stiffer pedal.

Thanks for the response on this. The throw on the pedal should shorten up when pressurizing the system, right? I'm using an fj60 mc with the stock fj40 booster and the system is currently dry. Still building, you see.

Yes it should, brake fluid will compress much less than air. Id see what it does with fluid before getting ahead of yourself, you can change the pedal stuff without losing fluid. If memory serves the two ratios commonly used without a booster are 7:1 and 5.75:1 for pedal to master piston travel and a booster would allow a smaller ratio than that. Happy building!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom