Aftermarket Black Hex Grille Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I sure would like to see this!

My grille is sitting in the garage growing spiders because I can't decide how I want to paint it. The only thing I know is it MUST be painted, glossy black on red LC is not a good look.
I would try this but for some reason all of the black ones are $180 and up. I'm afraid the painted chrome would chip too easy on the perimeter if you painted it.

Found a chrome one for $70:

I am looking for a 2013-2015 oem grille if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs

I am looking for a 2013-2015 oem grille if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs

If anyone is interested, I still have my OEM 2008-2012 grill in nice shape...

If anyone is interested, I still have my OEM 2008-2012 grill in nice shape...
I actually might be @Markuson. I was originally thinking of doing some variation on the black out mod idea, but after I installed new wheels I realized that the gray ish color of the first gen grill matches the titanium color of the Icon Rebounds...and I kind of like it. Problem is mine is chipped pretty badly in spots due too an uncovered gravel truck on the highway (the hood took a beating as well), but that’s a story for another day.
Let me know what you want for it, and I’ll give it some more thought...haven’t made up my mind yet on the whole front of truck situation. As in, repaint the hood or wrap it...

If you want to buy me one of those matte black ones and a TOYOTA logo like @Markuson or @Romer has I'll ship you mine. I kinda want to switch to that style but I've been too lazy (and cheap, really) to source one ;)

06B99E01-5A6D-41D5-B6B2-91D996A874EA.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a black painted hex grille someone can have for free if you are nearby, or willing to drive here (near Burlington Vermont). It is designed for the '08-11, so doesn't have any provision for a camera. It did not interfere with the radar sensor.

Last edited:
I have a black painted hex grille someone can have for free if you are nearby, or willing to drive here (near Burlington Vermont). It is designed for the '08-11, so doesn't have any provision for a camera. It did not interfere with the radar sensor.
I'm in Michigan and would be happy to buy it and pay shipping if you'd be willing to send it.

Let me know.

Thanks!
Jay

Not nearby, but I’d gladly pay if you’re willing to ship👍

Thanks for the offers all, but I don't want to ship it. I don't know if I could safely box it so it wouldn't get damaged in transit. Besides, in all fairness, I paid less than $100 for this one, so you'd probably be close to even by the time you buy a cheap ebay grille and spray paint it.

Last edited:
The badge comes from a 70 series and is readily available. If you don't like the stock white color, TVD decals sells overlays.

Anyone in DFW want one? I bought it in black, never installed it, and traded the LC200 for a GX460. Box has been sitting in my garage, need to get rid of it.

:lol: I see not many OCD people here, I dremeled the area of the grill where the badge would sit to get it to sit flush with the grill and not stick out.

I'm sure Markuson's method took mere minutes compared to the hours I took centering, masking, grinding then using double tape and screws dipped in super glue to hold it all up.
I realize it's an old post but talking about OCD...forget the grille. What about these two spots!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O
1611813307160.png

I realize it's an old post but talking about OCD...forget the grille. What about these two spots!!!!o_Oo_Oo_O
View attachment 2567575

Someone either broke or failed to install the pieces that come with the TJM bumper. That owner (perhaps you?) simply needs to deal with TJM and see if they can order them. Very specific to TJM...just likeon my TJM T13 bumper.

These seem to be discontinued. If anyone has one and is looking to sell it please let me know, I'll pay a premium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom