Aftermarket Back-Up Lights? (1 Viewer)

Okay all you bumper fabricators out there, I recall that several custom rear bumper builds I’ve seen posted over the last several months have had aftermarket back-up lights built into the bumper design. Those back-up lights were (obviously :doh:) brighter than the regular stock back-up lights.

I’ll be getting my rear bumper fabbed shortly and I wanted to get recommendations regarding what brand and/or model of aftermarket back-up lights I should use. Also, any particular wiring issues I should be aware of when setting up the auxiliary back-up lights in the rear bumper? (Any photos you have showing the way you set up your back-up lights in your rear bumpers would also be greatly appreciated.:grinpimp:)

saucebox

Slobivius Americanus
I always wondered if a set of FJ40 lights would fit on the face side of the bumper (even inset them just a bit) to get another set of reverse, brake, and turn signal lights. They're not super-expensive (even on flea-bay), and I'm sure they're not as bright as the underwater lights above, but I'm thinking it would look pretty cool.

Edit: Like these (not very knowledgeable about 40s, don't know what year)--

Deckers_FJ40_Half_Ambulance_Doors.jpg

Shamelessly stole pic off the internet somewhere, can only wish I had something that nice.

Manuchao and ntsqd, thanks for the info. I checked out the links you both posted and both options look like they’d work well. Ntsqd, how bright were the back-up lights you installed? (I know that these are not flood lights by any stretch of the imagination, but I would like them to light up the rear more than the stock back-up lights.) Has else anyone out there used either of these LED lights in a back-up application? I’m looking to get some feedback on how bright they are and if there would be any issues with wiring them through a relay to the stock back-up lights.

ntsqd

technerd
My one clear lens fog light is all of the back-up light that I need. Even to be able to see through the bed shell's tinted windows it is enough. I looked for a picture of it, but I don't have one. Could do like my dust amber though. Patch's back-up light mounting location really wouldn't work on a 60 series anyway.

IMG_0346-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom