Aftermarket AUX Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserjunktion

Cruiserjunktion@gmail.com
GOLD Star
Threads
Hello,

The PO of my 74 installed some interesting aftermarket parts. These include but are not limited to: Wooden tailgate & running boards, block heater, aux fuel tank etc. Tossed the wood parts but considering keeping the tank.

The tank has four holes that go thru it. It is mounted with long (18") bolts. The PO drilled holes in the bed to attach it to the truck.

I have seen other tanks that mount between the frame similar to mine. Those used straps for attaching to the vehicle instead of bolts.

Does ne1 have a similar tank?

Pros Cons?
Capacity?
Cleaning?
Plumbing?

Thanks
Mel

Last edited:
I got one of the strap on ones,, wait that sounds bad,, uh,,
anyway, I took it to a radiator shop they boiled it out and lined it 50$, the lining is supposed to keep it from rusting out

pros
now I can go 300+ miles on a fill up (30 or so gallons)

cons
20 gallon or so extra capacity makes the price to fill up shock your heart
if you wheeling you can crunch it
holds water and mud to help rust out cruiser faster
makes working on the diff harder

where are you at? GA FLA?

I have a 22 aux tank from conferr, and I love it. I can haul 37 gallons. Mine attatches with a skid plate that bolts to the rear crossmember, and straps that hang on the tubular crossmember.

later
Ryan

The tank with the tubes through the tank to mount were sold by Manafre about 25 yrs ago. I have one in my 78. Bolted through the floor. They sold a skid plate for this design also.

I had one of the Manafre units in my 60 years ago (long range tank not an aux.). It had the tubes through the tank and bolted through the floor. It was a simple setup and it gave me no troubles. I'd have to say that I like the strap design better though.

I have the Northwest Metal Products tank. It holds 22.5 gallons. A nice addition to the cruiser. Factory 15 gallons is far from adaquate.

I wanted to add an aux gas tank to my first cruiser but never got to it before being totaled by drunk driver. I'd like to add one to my 76 because the 15 gal. really doesn't cut it. I have never seen one on a cruiser. Does anyone have pics of theirs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom