Aftermarket 100 series scuff plates? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TreatSmash

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
I have destroyed the two rear scuff plates on my 2006 LC, the clips and the part the clips connect to on the bottom of the scuff plates won't stand up to my constantly standing on them to access my cargo boxes etc.

Are there any after market scuff plates like these for a 100? Also these look like I may be able to get them to work on mine. any thoughts?

I also found kits for Prado 120s, Ebay says they will fit....but Can anyone confirm?

Then there is is this kit I saw for a 200 which I also like, but nothing for a 100.

HTB1.Ufhd49YBuNjy0Ffq6xIsVXaP.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any chance you just need a new part from Toyota? I can see the sill having broken clips and then not staying in place, but I have a hard time picturing healthy clips failing from weight placed on the sill.

Is there any chance you just need a new part from Toyota? I can see the sill having broken clips and then not staying in place, but I have a hard time picturing healthy clips failing from weight placed on the sill.
That's what I will do if I can't find some type of re-enforced sill.

The problem right now is the clips are fine, its the sill that keeps failing, first one side 6 moths ago and then the other this week. Stepping up onto them or stepping off its tearing the the U-shaped connector area where the clips fasten. The clips are cheap to replace, the sills are not.

I see on the ASFIR site there are two options for the 100 series. One on the site is a “four piece” unit that includes a gas tank piece, but says only for model year 2004, unless I’m reading that incorrectly. Has anyone installed the four piece unit on 100 series that is not a model year 2004? I emailed ASFIR but have not heard back about this. Thanks in advance.

Four piece ASFIR skid plate system

Sorry, that was meant for a different thread. Duh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom