After the rains, the back way to Crown King is much more interesting... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this on 4x4 Ham, it's a link to Adventure Rider (advrider.com). Pretty interesting read and pics.

Crown King trail

Looks like fun, the last few crown king trips were 30mph for the most part and way uninteresting. That road was really fun in the spring of 2009, but the town had to fix it since it cut into their tourism. The only time it has been good since then was the day after st patrick's day 2012, when they got 3ft of snow in ck. The picture of my old 4runner to the left was during that, by the back end of lake pleasant. There were some nice 6ft drifts heading back to town from our camp near horsetheif.

STH73198-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks chilly

Thanks for the link. It is torn up pretty good!

Peace: LOoks VERY cold!

Makes me miss playing in the snow up in CK in my '76 FJ40 back in the day, the back way to Prescott was always awesome after a big snow.
I used to head up to CK through Wagoner, camp in the snow after hanging out in CK and then go home via Senator...good times.

Thanks for the link. It is torn up pretty good!

Peace: LOoks VERY cold!

Kinda wonder what the rest of the picture would look like if they had panned to the right a bit more. There are a lot of tire tracks around the high side of the turn. John

I wonder what the exit to DeSoto Mine looks like now. It was pretty bad from a major wash out when we ran it back in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom