After market cruise control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve almost got my 87 FJ60 (affectionately called Jaws by my kids) back on the road after seizing my 2F with only 140k miles (I couldn’t sleep for a few days I was so upset). My current issue is that I’ve got an aftermarket cruise control unit on it and the part that attaches to the transfer case broke. I have no idea what brand it is or who would even sell a replacement for it. I’ve been all over the internet but can’t find anything even remotely similar. I was hoping someone’s got a similar unit or has some idea of a company that might have a replacement part. If not, I guess I’m just tearing it out. Thanks!
5EC2E31C-90B3-41BA-AEB3-3BB6B0A79B72.jpeg
D6BDE0D5-DD33-4F4C-96B8-1E394013F641.jpeg
FFD3D0BC-34C3-4BF9-9427-6F23C55B04AE.jpeg

That's not the Dana-made 'cruise that many FJ60/2s had. I have never seen one with a speedometer cable adapter like that. So, that broken part is either a speed sensor or a sensor that tells the unit that the vehicle is moving.

You really don't need Cruise Control in an FJ60 - it's floored all the time, right?

That's not the Dana-made 'cruise that many FJ60/2s had

Do you have any additional information on these Dana-made cruise controls? Were these a dealer option or something? Were they built specifically for 60/62's or just some generic adapted setup. Thanks in advance.

I bought a Dana cruise control new in 1991 for my FJ40. They had a cheaper vacuum-powered version, and a more expensive electric version. I got the electric one and it was most of $200. NAPA sold them, as did other places. This was also what came on my FJ62 - dealer installed. I used the one on my FJ40 for 15 years and it worked great. They are unobtanium now - haven't been made/sold in 15 years or so. I don't see them on eBay or anywhere.

More info here or search online: Cruise Control

I bought a Dana cruise control new in 1991 for my FJ40. They had a cheaper vacuum-powered version, and a more expensive electric version. I got the electric one and it was most of $200. NAPA sold them, as did other places. This was also what came on my FJ62 - dealer installed. I used the one on my FJ40 for 15 years and it worked great. They are unobtanium now - haven't been made/sold in 15 years or so. I don't see them on eBay or anywhere.

More info here or search online: Cruise Control

OK thanks for this. Much appreciated.

That's not the Dana-made 'cruise that many FJ60/2s had. I have never seen one with a speedometer cable adapter like that. So, that broken part is either a speed sensor or a sensor that tells the unit that the vehicle is moving.

You really don't need Cruise Control in an FJ60 - it's floored all the time, right?
Haha, yes sir. That’s why I was thinking of just getting rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom