after market CATALYTIC CONVERTER questions for 80's?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
jUST GOT MY 80 2 WEEKS AGO AND THE CEL LIGHT CAME ON . TOOK IT INTO TOYOTA YESTERDAY AND FOUND OUT THE CAT'S ARE BURNED UP. $2200 FOR OEM, THEY ALSO QUOTED $1200 FOR A BOSAL FRONT AND OEM REAR (THE OEM REAR WAS LESS THAN THE BOSAL REAR. i READ AN ARTICLE THAT WITH NON-OEM THE BACKFLOW PRESSURES CAN DIFFER AN TRIGGER THE CEL LIGHT TO COME BACK ON. aNYONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH NON-OEM CAT'S . CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND NON-OEM CAT'S AND WHERE TO BUY? A COUPLE OF THE PARTS WEBSITES (AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE AND PARTSGEEK GOT BAD REVIEWS). ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED WOULD LIKE TO GET IT FIXED QUICK BUT THE RIGHT WAY. CAN ALSO E-MAIL ME AT WILLIEWEBSTER@YAHOO.COM FOR SUGGESTIONS. tHANKS

eastern direct fit at rockauto.com

Anyone have any reviews on rockauto.com. I found eastern cats on there direct fit.?? Thanks

webman, here's a thread that I posted for people a while ago in the hope it helps you. I'm really happy with this catalytic converter so far. This converter is not intended only for forced induction it just is extra well equipped for forced induction with the heavy metal content. The same series comes in several different sizes to match the exhaust tubing you have and it is much much less $$$ than the OEM options out there. Hope this helps. :cheers:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/239588-catalytic-converter-option-forced-induction-rigs.html

magnaflow makes an inexpensive small high flow cat that should work

Howdy! I had my local muffler shop get rid of my double cat setup and barrel muffler. I like to hear my engine, at least a little bit. I now have a single generic hi flow cat tucked in up high and flat, and a Magnaflow muffler. It might be a little more sound than some would want on an 80, but I like it. I have driven it a lot since the install, and it has not popped a code yet. It definitely lets my super charger breath a little better also. Out the door for under $400. John

If you want a total bolt-on solution look here: Exhausts : EMSPowered, High Quality, Great Service, Low Prices

If you're looking for weld-on cats that you can weld on yourself or have welded on by a local shop just about any aftermarket truck cats should work. They're usually around $100-300 for each one depending on brand and where you buy them.

Inkpot

What year is your LC? Did the shop just weld in bungs for the o2 sensors before and after the cat?

Sounds like a good way to go as long as the OBD is happy :)

Inkpot

What year is your LC? Did the shop just weld in bungs for the o2 sensors before and after the cat?

Sounds like a good way to go as long as the OBD is happy :)
Howdy! My rig is a 97, with a dealer installed TRD supercharger. I just bought the rig a couple of weeks ago. The twin OEM cats had been banged around pretty hard, and I wanted something a little louder and more free flowing. I took it to a shop that has done a few of these before, so they knew what they were looking at. Yes, they just welded a single tube onto the front flange, put on a flat bottomed cat, and then went past the frame to mount a Magnaflow. Both Sensors are right where they were before, just one Cat between them now. They re-used the last 3-4 feet of tail pipe, as it was in very good condition, but the did get rid of the little resonator at the end. John

not bolt in like you want, but for anyone looking for aftermarket, i've run the magnaflows for years with no issues at all. for $60, you can't really beat them. could weld a flange on if you want to keep them bolt in.

summit racing or jegs they are about about $ 80-90 search more and you will find them cheaper or on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom