After a few months searching... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice truck.

It looks like the windshield gasket is on top of the cowl. If so, take it back to the installer and make them do it right. Chances are they didn't use sealant on it either, and it will leak. If not now, soon.

Thanks but it's done correctly. They pulled the cowl and used sealant to glue in the windshield and to glue in the gasket per the FSM procedure. I was with the installer the entire time. He spent over 3 hours on the install and he actually quoted me the procedure when I asked him if he knew how to install the gasket. FWIW, Safelite did it in shop and I've used this shop before to replace the windshield and didn't have any leaks. Windshield just had too many chips so it was time to replace.

Thanks but it's done correctly. They pulled the cowl and used sealant to glue in the windshield and to glue in the gasket per the FSM procedure. I was with the installer the entire time. He spent over 3 hours on the install and he actually quoted me the procedure when I asked him if he knew how to install the gasket. FWIW, Safelite did it in shop and I've used this shop before to replace the windshield and didn't have any leaks. Windshield just had too many chips so it was time to replace.
Yep, I zoomed in and saw that it was good, so edited my post, apparently you saw it before I deleted it.

This 80 had 113k when I bought it. Owner said he used Mobil 1 engine oil which I use in most everything anyway but he didn’t think the transmission or diff fluids had been changed. I like redline synthetic in manual transmissions and differentials so that was an easy choice for the transfer case and differentials. I had a more difficult time with the auto transmission but after much research and consternation decided on Amsoil Universal ATF. Fast forward 140k miles and 12 years and neither have been changed. Placed an order for both and should get them done next week.

In the meantime, on a whim, I pulled the transmission dipstick and frankly the oil still looks new....or at least newish. I was expecting something much darker and brown.

5BBD0079-22D9-4718-81D8-E79C26BD8E9F.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom