After a "2"" lift install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I found the solution to get a better shackle angle....

Probably just under 1k# of sandbags and quickcrete...

Fuel economy will take a hit, and cargo space is a bit limited, but if I get stuck on an icy road, or come across a flood in progress, the sand in those bags will come in handy!

Haha.

PXL_20220220_195109115.jpg

PXL_20220220_195137282.jpg

Well, I found the solution to get a better shackle angle....

Probably just under 1k# of sandbags and quickcrete...

Fuel economy will take a hit, and cargo space is a bit limited, but if I get stuck on an icy road, or come across a flood in progress, the sand in those bags will come in handy!

Haha.

View attachment 2931628

View attachment 2931629
The springs are too short for that shackle location. There has to be a better solution.
The sandbags for ballast and traction is still a great idea.

My tongue is squarely in my cheek.

I am just adding an absurd amount of weight for a short period of time to see if these can quickly "settle", which I doubt.

Allegedly a set of anti inversion shackles and an add a leaf for the front are enroute from Ironman.
I will remove one leaf from the rear packs as well.

I really don't want to modify the chassis to make this work, but it may be a last resort

So after the lift I bought a HFS(got them local from CCoT) shackle set(f&r) but only installed the fronts(1.5” longer than factory) to see if I could get rid of the crazy rake. I didn’t like how much rake it had. Imo this is higher than 2" but I like it.

2 questions. How high did 62s sat from factory? Did 60 series have much of a rake factory? Only reason ask is because all of the factory 62s I've seen look saggy.

So after the front shackles it sits much better IMO but I kept the factory rear ones. Front shackles sit almost perfect angle but the rears do not. I did put a 4° shim on the back to correct pinion angle.

Should I do anti inversion ones in the rear and call it?

Im open to suggestions. Tks in advance.
View attachment 2370838View attachment 2370840

Curious to know if anyone had success with removing one of the rear springs? Or if they came across a solution that worked? Another suggestion was to put lifted/adjustable shackles on front. I also let Ironman know about the before an after, but apparently their tech said not to put them on backwards, but never said what would happen. I bought my FJ60 in December, stance looked great but found out that the previous owner put the springs on backwards (front in the back, and back in the front), so I had them put in the right place, but now the rake is crazy high.

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

We did remove a leaf from the rear pack (3rd from top) barely made a difference.
Eye to eye the rear springs are just too short for the shackles to work properly on ours.
Fronts are ok.
The truck is stripped to go to the body shop for paint so we haven messed with it any more.

Let it settle. Metal lives in the mineral world.
What works perfectly now may not in three years. If it breaks fix it. Otherwise, fix what's about to wear out. Even with low mileage, at this time of it's life, so much needs attention.

It looks great btw, it's worth it.

I also got a kit from Ironman for my fj45 and rear leaf spring seen to be short, shackle angle is not right.Waiting for their tech person to get back to me. Any one else had this problem with a fj45

IMG_0470 (1).jpg

Yikes. WTF is going on @ironman QC?!?!

The 62 in this thread remains unresolved.
The owner got busy with other things including a move out of my area, but the 62 is still here and he expects to come back and finish it with my help. Currently stripped waiting for the paint/body shop in Reno to have time for him.
(See also: my thread in the paint/body subforum looking for a body/painter anywhere between Sac and Reno. I have about 4 rigs waiting for paint)

I am steering him towards just throwing down for OME springs for the rear

Yikes. WTF is going on @ironman QC?!?!

The 62 in this thread remains unresolved.
The owner got busy with other things including a move out of my area, but the 62 is still here and he expects to come back and finish it with my help. Currently stripped waiting for the paint/body shop in Reno to have time for him.
(See also: my thread in the paint/body subforum looking for a body/painter anywhere between Sac and Reno. I have about 4 rigs waiting for paint)

I am steering him towards just throwing down for OME springs for the rea
I wonder what mine looks like now. Not sure what the new owner has done to it but man. I gave up.

I gonna be building another 60 soon once my 80 sells. I’m thinking coil spring conversion front and back or just ome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom