After 3 months with my OME lift, impressions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tripleplate.com
First off, the ride on the road is great. I went with the heavy load lift because of the front ARB and the fact that I haul a lot with the truck. The handling is better, with noticeably less body roll. It is a tad firmer but not to the point of being uncomfortable at all.

Offroad it is great. &nbsp:During the summer months I build vineyards and do a little carpentry work on the side. I basically wheel around all day for the vineyard work. The dampening offered by the OME kit is great. I can motor accross very rough ground without disrupting the trucks composure at all. Very impressive. I've even aired it out a couple of times, nothing real big but the suspension just soaks it up.

On slower, more technical wheeling its been a godsend too. Saving my exhaust the punishment it used to recieve prior to the lift. I was surprised by how quickly my rear shocks had the paint peppered off though. They're both pretty beat up.

If anyone is debating whether or not to go with the kit, I have to give my full reccomendation. Nothing but good experiences so far.

Ditto!!

Where you been Wrench - you're waaaay behind :flipoff2: :D

Up - I'd have to agree and mention that I've never heard of anyone not being happy with it except for the wives.

Up-

Ditto as well. I have had mine on for only a couple of weeks, but love everything about them.

Slightly off topic, your tag line says "rolling on tall skinnies", what size are you running on?

33x9.5
Thought I'd snag me another post :p
Catchin up to Wench
Only 4 posts behind... :G
Oops, now 3 :dunno: :D

Yeah DRTDUCK they're 33x9.50's, but not for long. MY new tires are coming in this week, 33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains. I've been wishy washy about what size and tire to go with for the last 5 months but finally made my decison and I'm sticking with it. I've got over 70,000 miles on my current Mud Terrains and that has pretty much sold me.

does the ome suspension cure the body movement you get when you overcorrect or when the winds strong? it sounds like it does, get the impression its a firmer more controlled ride than factory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom