African expedition FJ/HJ60 Build for Jesus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're only gana see a couple more updates from this side of the Atlantic...

Got some more things figured out today. Had some trouble getting the Alt. to charge but I believe we have solved that issue. I spent the majority of the day wiring / plumbing up the air compressor / tank. Heres some of the recent work:

Got the windows tinted:

DSCN2065.JPG

SIM-ELWA (Serving in Missions - Eternal Love Winning Africa)
DSCN2066.JPG

These Things are finally TOTALLY done.
DSCN2071.JPG

2000W Power inverter / air compressor swtich / compressed air quick connect
DSCN2072.JPG

We got her muddy at the exhaust shop's parking lot... True story...
DSCN2074.JPG

As an update: We have been "testing" the truck for two weeks now making sure everything is working correctly. We will be having a sending off celebration at our annual car show this weekend. The proceeds from last year's show went into the project so it seemed like an appropriate final chapter in the story. One of the guys will be trailering it up to TENN on March 11th. It will ship shortly there after. Hopefully in 80-100 days, we'll have some pictures of it playing in the mud in Africa. I'll share a few more pictures of it all cleaned up in our car show...

Pics from the Car show

This weekend is the car show:

DSCN2096.JPG

DSCN2097.JPG

DSCN2098.JPG

This time in 7 days it will be delivered in TENN

I'm sure you guys are "done", but you might consider adding some hood insulation to quiet it down a bit

otherwise-- looks great! nice work!

Sexy sexy sexy, the white and gray looks better and better each time I see that thing.

-Carl

HJ was delivered to Shipping company on sat. Our work is done.

Thought I would bring the thread back to life...

After sitting in Tenn for several months waiting the container to fill up, it finally shipped back in late June. The ship arrived in port in early September. Ben went through the miles of paperwork to get it legal and this morning about 9AM (Africa time) he fired it up and drove it out of the port and to his house. Ben said it started right up like it ran yesterday (Gota love Optimas...)

I'm sure we'll be getting some cool pictures of the HJ playing in its natural environment which I will pass along...

Again, thanks for all the support and prayers during the building process; it as much appreciated.

This is what the other side of the Atlantic looks like...

I guess we'll see how our rust prevention works out now... :cheers:
IMGP9757.jpg

I was wondering about this build just last week...Very cool that it is finally in Africa and this was a great build. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to seeing more pictures of this in its everyday use in Africa.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom