Africa trip - Liberia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
we returned from Liberia, Africa late monday night and I think we are almost caught up on our sleep. We had a great time and if anything, the trip was too short. We spent 7 days in Yekepa, Liberia working to restore a facualty house at ABC University (formerly known as African Bible College). Yekepa is 200 miles, or 8 hours by truck from the capital of Monrovia, near the border of Guinea and Ivory Coast.

wikipedia - liberia

Photo Album

Liberia is a beautiful country that is greatly inpoverished after a 14 year cival war, with most people living by subsistence farming. By most economic and infrastructure measures, Liberia usually ranks in the bottom 5 of 180 countries in the world.

Lots of Diesel Cruisers, usually 70? series with ambulance doors - some with truck beds. Unfortunately I did not get many pictures of them. I hope to have all of the pictures uploaded soon to a web-album, but have a few previews below.
Liberia 0197.jpg

Last edited:
welcome home. That truck is very cool.

No - did not meet him that I recall. Is he working in Liberia?

Some friends in the church put this together with 10 people total on the trip. The picture above is a guy we passed on the road who knew the director of the college, who was driving our van.

Welcome back. Glad it was a safe trip and I'm looking forward to the PICS!

Yes - snorkels definately get used. It was the rainy season and many of the roads get washed out periodically. Spoke to a few students at the college who lived 25 or 30 miles away, but said it was a 2 to 3 hour drive to their home town.

Last edited:
a little something for all you toto fans out there....they aparently supply the flushing mechanisms for toilets in the Houston Airport.;)
toto.jpg

Heath, are you wearing chaps in that reflection? Those are not in style anymore unless you're into the rodeo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom