Affordable Fuel injections Optimum EFI (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am strongly considering going with AFIs newest addition to their line up of products. I’ve been speaking with Jesse via email and he has been a wealth of information for all my questions. It’s a little on the expensive side... but I’m planning to have my cruiser for a long time so I don’t mind spending it on something that will last. Not to mention it sounds like they will be furthering their technology with the optimum line, so in ten years I won’t feel like I have to upgrade again.

My biggest question is has anyone here used their optimum kit? Or has anyone installed the kit on a customers car?

I know that there have been some long wait times and when I asked Jesse about it he was very upfront and had no problem telling me it could be 6+ weeks out.

I just installed the (non) Optimum kit on my '78 FJ40 and started driving it this week. I have been pleased with AFI's support, but their installation instructions leave a lot to be desired - I expect the new system will be no different. Jesse and Norm have been very helpful and responsive in answering questions.

I decided to buy the old-style kit for cost/availability/knowledge reasons, rather than being the first guy to pull the trigger on the newer system. Please post any findings about the company and the product as you go. I speculate/wonder if they might even offer an 'upgrade kit' from the older system to the newer system, some day.

Bump

What about a Holley sniper or FItech 2bbl??
That is what I was considering. There are a few people who put the 4 barrel fitech throttle bodies on 2Fs and seem happy with them. These new ones are based on Holley 2300 carbs so Downey adapters should work. If they work on other straights 6's they should be great on ours

Agreed. The only concern I have is that there won’t be much support for them a decade down the road. Where AFI uses factory components, that could be purchased at any parts store and uses OBDII which can be diagnosed much easier that the hand held computers that fitech or Holley offer.

Agreed. The only concern I have is that there won’t be much support for them a decade down the road. Where AFI uses factory components, that could be purchased at any parts store and uses OBDII which can be diagnosed much easier that the hand held computers that fitech or Holley offer.
I hear you and I think the appeal of the Holley and Fitech is that they are so simple and clean. The trade off is how limited they may be. As for support, if Holley is not in business in 10 years... that is not a future I want to be a part of. :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom