Aeromotive Stealth 340 Yellow foam disintegrating question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

einstein

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a aeromotive stealth 340 setup and the yellow foam is starting to disintegrate. What would cause this, and how often are people chaning out the yellow foam in there

setup?

Thanks so much

Matt

Not familiar, but can your pump be converted to the white rectangular type filters that attach to the bottom input of the pump ??? I noticed Aeromotive sell their in-tank pumps with both styles- - -yellow foam filter and bottom snap-on rectangular pump ???

Take a look at ebay #264701886687, and for pump "example" look at ebay #231343362339. These two together (or equivalency) would have solved your problem at far less than you have spent.

I have a aeromotive stealth 340 setup and the yellow foam is starting to disintegrate. What would cause this, and how often are people chaning out the yellow foam in there

setup?

Thanks so much

Matt

Most likely it's the ethanol in the gas that caused the foam to fall apart. If you're running FI, that foam is designed to supply the fuel to the pump, regardless of fuel level, thus negating the need for a baffle. Did not realize the ethanol would break it down though.

You can try replacing the foam with Holley's hydramat, which can be attached directly to the bottom of the pump, in place of the filter. I have not used it personally, but the hot rod guys have had good luck with it.

Oh trust me, this is my 2nd fj40 in tank pump. And hopefully last one. I am a huge fan of the inline fuel pumps, 15 minutes to swap out. I had to take out the entire front seats and console to get this pump out. I like your design but honestly I have yet to no have a fuel smell when the pump is mounted in the cab.

Yours is definitely a good setup though.

Problem with the out of tank in-line fuel pumps is; if you need one with higher pressure for fuel injection it will want to run too hot, unless you spend big $$$ for one designed to run outside the tank.

Have you bothered to contact Aeromotive and see what they say about your problem? If so what was their response?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom