Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering purchasing this. What do you make of it?
I have owned a FJ40 before, but not one with a V8. Any advice on whether this is a good deal is appreciated. Asking $8500.

The body was taken off the frame, with all rust removed including having the rear sill and ¼ panels professionally replaced
A brand new JEGS 350 V8 crate engine; new radiator, all new engine bolt-ons (alternator, starter, carburetor, waterpump, fuel pump)
New clutch and Ground Flywheel
New extreme duty 4 core radiator (to handle the 350 conversion)
4 way disk brakes
Brand new 2.5" HFS suspension lift kit including new leaf springs and shocks, new extended shackles totaling 4" of lift
The tub has a bed liner
All new wiring; battery and mounting system
Bestop Bikini Top
Bestop Soft Half Doors
½ Tailgate to use with the Bikini top
Marine/Waterproof CD and Ipod stereo
I have all of the pieces associated with this FJ including the Ambulance doors, Front doors, hard top, jump seats, rear tire rack, bumperettes etc.
What is left to do? The exterior still needs to be painted, power steering installation (I have the conversion kit and all required parts to do this), misc. bolts-ons. . ..that is it! Finish this and you will have an amazing conversation starting FJ40.
I am moving and will no longer have the space to store and work on this FJ40. Purchase now and put your finishing touches on this very nice FJ.

Thanks all
Mark

Go with your gut. Sounds good to me. I'm not a V8 fan nor do I like the bedliner. Sounds like a good start though.

Well, the engine is probably worth about $4k as it sits, the disc brakes are worth $1k, the radiator is worth $0.5k, the suspension is worth $1k. You are more than halfway there with just the cost of the components, not counting the truck. Think of the labor cost of putting all that stuff on a stock FJ40. V8 conversions at some shops can run your $10k alone. If the body is decent at all, I think the price is pretty good (from your description).

By the way, you will love the V8 in the forty...

Don

The worth of the motor depends on which crate engine he bought. Is it a stock 350. Stock 350's start at about $1500. I would have a hard time thinking the motor is worth 4k. Looks like he.s done a lot to it but seems high to me being that it still needs paint and a few odds and ends. If you jave a shop paint it then add another 3k or so. Where is this located at? There is a very similar 40 for sale in the phoenix area.

If you're into projects go for it.

As mentioned, the components are nearly worth the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom