Advice Sought for 2" Rear Spring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I've read the compiled suspension thread in the FAQ, and it's very good. Thanks to all who contributed to it.

I currently have 2" TJM Gold springs in the rear, and they are fine when I'm unloaded. However, on camping trips I frequently have a few hundred pounds of gear back there (and in a hitch mounted rear rack). Let's say there's 400# total weight back there then. During those times, the rear sags more than I would like and it affects the stance and steering feel quite a bit.

I'm considering whether to put bags in the rear ($100 solution) or new springs ($200-$300 solution).

Do you have a suggestion you can make for rear springs which would work well for me? I'm thinking about the Ironman 2" 200-440# springs, which it looks like on the Metal Tech site are under $200.

I'd like to avoid stinkbug and a harsh ride when not loaded. My current ride is nice and soft, which I like.

Thanks for your input.

:cheers:

I'll take bags for $100, Alex.

I've got those squishy TJM springs and occasionally tow a trailer. Aside from the obvious squat, I actually like the way they ride and steer when loaded up. If you like the way the springs ride when un-loaded, and you do equal time loaded and unloaded, then air bags would be the best solution.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate your replies.

Bags will work, but can also get damaged and develop leaks in the bags, lines etc.

A trouble free solution would be different springs. I'd suggest the 50mm Slinky Intermediate springs. They are a 440lb spring but they are dual rate so they should still give a nice smooth ride when unloaded and be much better suited for the load. My Slinky springs are MUCH MUCH better and load handling than my OME J springs were. Even loaded with nearly 1000lb additional weight in the truck and pulling a trailer it doesn't sag. Sits level and rides great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom