advice requested: seat with memory module vs seat w/o memory module (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm pushing hard to get my US spec 98 shipped back to the US and at the last moment I decided to do something about the driver's side seat so I went off to the salvage yard and bought a nice looking replacement which I thought to reupholster myself. I got it home and when I took it apart I found the insides were pretty badly rusted. I knew that it was functional but I just didn't want to put a rusty chair in my 98. So back to the scrap yard to buy another driver's chair. This one was very clean inside and I'm having some fun with re-covering it (I will post on that separately), but there is one difference between the two seats: the nice one has a seat memory module installed. Both seem to have the same connector, same motors, etc. And the scrap yard owner said that it should work--and he steered me away from a nicer looking seat explaining that it had the side bolster air bag in it, and I did not want that one for a 98.

My question is this: Can a chair with a memory module (likely an LX470) be plugged into a 100 that did not come equipped with a memory module?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom