Advice regarding rust on lc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking at a lc that spent about 1-2 years in the rust belt and then moved out west. Should I be concerned with the amount of rust shown in the photos?

176842D6-D074-4B03-8694-059F5C4AA833.jpeg

5D0944C2-A981-4E30-B692-7A6C3AC2DE5A.jpeg

CA66C651-61E2-4AB7-BF56-0994E439412D.jpeg

52C6F6EB-7A3D-4D29-8435-D989ABA1B9B9.jpeg

BFB4049B-A0B0-4064-A276-E6FBB2BBD851.jpeg

Sheesh... that's not even in the classification of "rust". I would have no concerns about that. Ya maybe get some paint or rust preventer on it to get it under control.

Thank you. That’s what I thought too but I just started looking at LCs so appreciate your thoughts.

That a super personal choice. In the northeast, that'd be an awesome score. In SoCal, Arizona and Texas, that'd probably be a "run away and don't look back". It's all relative to your tolerance and expectations.

Thats not bad be glad you don’t live in the rust belt NE they apply salt by the inch and just destroys vehicles . You could coat the chassis , there is a lot of products out there but does not look terrible to me .
I just finished coating my new beater Tacoma was a little worst than your pics , basically comes down to prep , I used POR-15 and that stuff is great . Makes it look like new .
If you do coat using any coating I would make sure all CV Boots and components are taped and covered .
2A02ABF9-3741-4300-A014-9F5094F43987.jpeg

That a super personal choice. In the northeast, that'd be an awesome score. In SoCal, Arizona and Texas, that'd probably be a "run away and don't look back". It's all relative to your tolerance and expectations.
This "rust panic" that has gripped this site in the last couple of years is actually quite amusing. Vehicles that have steel frames will start to show some rust over time (normally on the welds first), no getting around it dude, and it's not a concern. So, unless you roll your truck off the lot straight to your garage and never drive it again it's gonna start showing signs of use. The "rust" in those pics is nothing, no matter where you live.

Rust? Where? That is not rust. That is a slight patina.

Heck if your out west I would scream about it and demand a discount. The seller might actually fall for it. If you called that rust up here the seller would just stare you in the eye and slowly shake their head. No.

Reactions: HGB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom