advice please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys first of all i know it is hard to give advice with out any pics but i dont have a camera anyhow i got from man-a-fre the 3/2 leveling kit for my 97 lx450 and after i got done i realized that the 285 BFG KOs I just bought look really goofy and small on it im thinking of getting 35s,im already getting 10 mpg how much worse could it get with 35s,also would i need to regear and all of that,also i like my KOs but I think that more aggresive tires would be better off road, but I would still like good all around tires off road and good quiet on road tires......any suggestions on new tires or anything,any help is appreciated

p.s.i will try and get some pics up ASAP

4ever,

The appearance of your truck is certainly something only you can decide, but if you're going to get new tires you seem conflicted. Better offroad and good quiet tires? Nope. Pick one and I think you'll get some good advice - tires are a favorite topic around here. Pics would be nice regardless - sounds like you've got a nice rig to look at.

DougM

4ever,

The appearance of your truck is certainly something only you can decide, but if you're going to get new tires you seem conflicted. Better offroad and good quiet tires? Nope. Pick one and I think you'll get some good advice - tires are a favorite topic around here. Pics would be nice regardless - sounds like you've got a nice rig to look at.

DougM

ill go with better off road tires, i just dont want terrible on road tires since it is my daily driver

Similiar issue here finally went with TOYO's and could not be more pleased. Not to much noise over the BFG AT's just crank up the tunes and enjoy the ride. I was getting 14 14MPG and now getting 12 but worth it. If your only getting 10MPG now sounds like you have something wrong maybe your O2's?

eventually it would be a good idea to regear, but I think a lot of people here would agree that 35's on the stock gearing is accecptable. look at the mud terrain that Toyo offers, a lot of cruiser heads here are running them and are extremely happy with them...

BFG M/T have always kicked butt for me offroad. Loud though. If you are lookin for a quiet offroad tire check out all-terrain tires. Many are pretty damn decent offroad like BFG A/T.

This condition should be formally identified as "OME Stinkbug Scope Creep". That way people can have both OCD and OSSC at the same time, and you can track and see which one ends up costing you more money. :flipoff2:

Here is what I think you should do. Get 34x12.5x16 Trxus MT's and see if they rub. If they do, you may need 1" max rear bumpstop drop, and that should be it. That will be a great tire size for your lift.

Similiar issue here finally went with TOYO's and could not be more pleased. Not to much noise over the BFG AT's just crank up the tunes and enjoy the ride. I was getting 14 14MPG and now getting 12 but worth it. If your only getting 10MPG now sounds like you have something wrong maybe your O2's?

im leaning toward the TOYOs and also im going to check the O2s

thanks to all

im leaning toward the TOYOs and also im going to check the O2s

thanks to all

You understand a 35x13.5 Toyo is going to eat your flares if you don't trim and or bumpstop since the lift you bought was designed for 33's, and that bumpstops are going to cost you shock, and therefore suspension, travel equal to the amount of bumpstop drop?

the new BFG M/T KO 2's are very quiet on the road, they make them in a 315-75-16 now. these are what I want but don't have the $ now. good luck!!!:D

i think for now I will just keep the 33s for around town and all and I may get some more "hardcore" tires for off road only that way im not sacrificing any gas milage or anything

thanks guys

i think for now I will just keep the 33s for around town and all and I may get some more "hardcore" tires for off road only that way im not sacrificing any gas milage or anything

thanks guys

that's what I thought and then I realized that changing all wheels once a week was a major pain and getting old real fast...

that's what I thought and then I realized that changing all wheels once a week was a major pain and getting old real fast...

I hear ya,I will not change em everytime that I go out just when i want to look cool or go in real "hardcore" places

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom