Advice on whether I should buy a Land Cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or these
Also in case anyone cares enough: Any recommendation on tires? Want to go stock if there's such a thing as the stock winter tires too. Trying to get a hold of original rims from the PO if he can find them. Gunna reduce shackle size to make it a 2 or 2.5 inch lift so. These ones look stock (not goodrich tho) i like the white writing, and all terrain but not sure howd theyd look with that lift or if theyde be good enough in the idaho snow:

LC.jpeg

Hi all, getting exhaust fixed and smog eq pulled off this week at a local mechanic. $$$ but they know cruisers.

On another note, Headlights are pretty dim, they are two different brands too and theres moisture in one of em. Anyone recommendations on stock-brighter fj60 lights or what are people running that look stock? Heard there was also an upgrade kit not sure if these are stock or good but: Genuine Toyota OEM 81110-60P70 Koto Halogen Headlight Conversion Kit, Pair, FJ60 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Toyota-OEM-81110-60P70-Koto-Halogen-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-Pair-FJ60-/254484635820

for pulling the smog I'd make sure they're Land Cruiser experts. I've heard of more problems arising from de-smogging these vs leaving it. My FJ40 has all its smog eqiup still intact and runs fine....so if it ain't broke don't "fix" it.....just my $0.02

Also in case anyone cares enough: Any recommendation on tires? Want to go stock if there's such a thing as the stock winter tires too. Trying to get a hold of original rims from the PO if he can find them. Gunna reduce shackle size to make it a 2 or 2.5 inch lift so. These ones look stock (not goodrich tho) i like the white writing, and all terrain but not sure howd theyd look with that lift or if theyde be good enough in the idaho snow:

View attachment 2577707
I have 5 stock rims collecting dust that I'd like to get rid of....they have tires on them too. I don't think shipping would be too cost prohibitive from Snohomish to WA. I'm asssuming you'd only want the rims so I'd have to get the tires removed.

If interested make me an offer...they're originally from SoCal so they're in great shape.

Hi all, getting exhaust fixed and smog eq pulled off this week at a local mechanic. $$$ but they know cruisers.

On another note, Headlights are pretty dim, they are two different brands too and theres moisture in one of em. Anyone recommendations on stock-brighter fj60 lights or what are people running that look stock? Heard there was also an upgrade kit not sure if these are stock or good but: Genuine Toyota OEM 81110-60P70 Koto Halogen Headlight Conversion Kit, Pair, FJ60 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Toyota-OEM-81110-60P70-Koto-Halogen-Headlight-Conversion-Kit-Pair-FJ60-/254484635820

i highly recommend you talk to mr @ToyotaMatt he has the Toyota kits for very reasonable prices and is a known entity over ebay. Also helps to support the forum vendors who do a lot to help the forum. 😉

I’m on stock suspension with 31” tires on stock rims and it works. But at some point I’ll probably got to a 16” wheel and a little wider for 31” or equivalent size tire. The 31” on stock rims ballon a little because they could really use a wide rim.

hello there ,

I just recieved these late last week from a fellow member and client too to be clear , i asked for installed photos for my store

i got way more then i could have ever dreamed !

this IS a FJ60 , not sure what year , but fj60 for sure

NO PHOTO SHOP has been done ..fyi 😇

to be krystal klear , these are my store brand KUSTOM KOITO KIT LED Head Lights , NOT simply the

KOITO H4 Halogen Base Kit at play .........

i have personally developed it from a pipe dream to well J.I.S. Glass infused Lumens , i have them installed in my 1983 FJ43L-KC currently under restore , and the same exact LED water proof and shock proof Light Emitting Diodes installed in out family fleet 05 SUPER HILUX SEMA , 03 TUNDRA , 02 Pre-Runner .

no issues ever to report 100% reliable after years of service in my 03 tundra oldest set of H4 LED super max 8000K bulbs outlined above .

Below are simply a Low Beams shot and a HIGH beams shot ......

then , next my kit installed in the 1964 LV wagon as well

personally the 2nd FJ60 shot tells the story best and has all the beam patterns of supporting facts , its like day time and off road at night in the wilderness or over-landing it on I-95 @ 4:20 AM not another vehicle on the road , i like seeing a Dear or other things in front of me . I wear prescription eye glasses and have a bad stigmatization in one eye too , Night Driving on a moonless night is NO LONGER a scary experience while my wife sleeps in the passenger seat next to me .

Bottom line is you have a safer driving experience in LOW beams or High Beams alike ......

thanks for taking the time to evaluate the photos below

matt ...

7903 - Copy1.jpg

tempImageCSZll0.png

tempImageR9cJnL.png

9CC79BAC-A9E2-4025-9406-DF1D85400424.jpeg
646FCD03-7B98-44E5-A36D-659FFB2B5D1E.jpeg

I've got 31x10.5x15 BFG KO2 all terrain on 15 inch outlaw2 aluminum wheels. With a 2.5 OME lift. Much bigger tires and you loose some low end torque with stock ring and pinion gears of 3.70 sometimes wish I had some 33s for wheeling but I stay on the easy trails and use the winch if I get in trouble.

20180711_112153.jpg

first year at CMCC truck pic.jpg

20191026_112028_resized.jpg

Last edited:
33's give you "rubber overdrive" so you can cruise 75-80 mph. 1st low isn't much different. If you drive in cities much, 31's would help a bunch racing between lights and stopping quicker.

33's give you "rubber overdrive" so you can cruise 75-80 mph. 1st low isn't much different. If you drive in cities much, 31's would help a bunch racing between lights and stopping quicker.

I hear the ‘62 owners really enjoy their trucks with a set of 33’s and a 5 speed conversion. FJ62’s have the 4.10 gears vs the 3.70’s.

My 60 had a 62 rear end. Best of both worlds!

Other than the exhaust fumes this sounds like a nice adventure. The only thing at risk was the Cruiser and his money. Some of y'all were being way dramatic like he was crossing Antarctica or something. Getting stuffed down a mine shaft? Please.

Other than the exhaust fumes this sounds like a nice adventure. The only thing at risk was the Cruiser and his money. Some of y'all were being way dramatic like he was crossing Antarctica or something. Getting stuffed down a mine shaft? Please.
I agree. Nobody dies in the winter on remote roads in Nevada because their car broke down and they weren’t adequately prepared.

hello there ,

I just recieved these late last week from a fellow member and client too to be clear , i asked for installed photos for my store

i got way more then i could have ever dreamed !

this IS a FJ60 , not sure what year , but fj60 for sure

NO PHOTO SHOP has been done ..fyi 😇

to be krystal klear , these are my store brand KUSTOM KOITO KIT LED Head Lights , NOT simply the

KOITO H4 Halogen Base Kit at play .........

i have personally developed it from a pipe dream to well J.I.S. Glass infused Lumens , i have them installed in my 1983 FJ43L-KC currently under restore , and the same exact LED water proof and shock proof Light Emitting Diodes installed in out family fleet 05 SUPER HILUX SEMA , 03 TUNDRA , 02 Pre-Runner .

no issues ever to report 100% reliable after years of service in my 03 tundra oldest set of H4 LED super max 8000K bulbs outlined above .

Below are simply a Low Beams shot and a HIGH beams shot ......

then , next my kit installed in the 1964 LV wagon as well

personally the 2nd FJ60 shot tells the story best and has all the beam patterns of supporting facts , its like day time and off road at night in the wilderness or over-landing it on I-95 @ 4:20 AM not another vehicle on the road , i like seeing a Dear or other things in front of me . I wear prescription eye glasses and have a bad stigmatization in one eye too , Night Driving on a moonless night is NO LONGER a scary experience while my wife sleeps in the passenger seat next to me .

Bottom line is you have a safer driving experience in LOW beams or High Beams alike ......

thanks for taking the time to evaluate the photos below

matt ...

View attachment 2578127

View attachment 2578129

View attachment 2578133View attachment 2578134
Matt, any adapters required for these? I have JW Speakers in my FJ60, which I love, but my FJ40 is in dire need of new lights and I like that these have a stock look to them.

I agree. Nobody dies in the winter on remote roads in Nevada because their car broke down and they weren’t adequately prepared.

Assuming that was sarcasm, he had "winter gear, getting water and food just in case". So his Cruiser might not be prepared for the journey, but (assuming he actually had warm enough stuff) he was. If you car breaks down you don't immediately keel over frozen for the rest of time like Otzi. A yeti doesn't come and snatch you. A rancher won't murder you randomly and stuff you in their grain elevator rather than give you a ride to the nearest town.

Assuming that was sarcasm, he had "winter gear, getting water and food just in case". So his Cruiser might not be prepared for the journey, but (assuming he actually had warm enough stuff) he was. If you car breaks down you don't immediately keel over frozen for the rest of time like Otzi. A yeti doesn't come and snatch you. A rancher won't murder you randomly and stuff you in their grain elevator rather than give you a ride to the nearest town.
I've been shot at, got buckshot in the tailgate to prove it. Just for being on a road that was too close to a claim i didn't know about. So, yeah. There are crazy people in the desert. I'll stand by that.

I've been shot at, got buckshot in the tailgate to prove it. Just for being on a road that was too close to a claim i didn't know about. So, yeah. There are crazy people in the desert. I'll stand by that.
Gold prospectors are a crazy lot. The mercury fumes make them mad as a hatter.

Gold prospectors are a crazy lot. The mercury fumes make them mad as a hatter.
I was losing my mind off of fumes for a bit not gunna lie 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom