Advice on registering a 40 in AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been working to turn my "farm truck" into a street rig for 3+ years now. I want to get it registered as street legal here in AL (Jefferson County), but i do not have experience on what all hoops ill have to go through with the DMV. Can someone help shed some light from previous experience?

- Its 1974 with chevy 350, so the only non-stock item is the motor
- frame and body VIN match
- I do not have a title
- I have a 3 year old bill of sale
- Everything that i think needs to be there for safety / street legal works, except the blinkers
- Its insured

Is there a checklist someone has for required features and paperwork that i should prepare before i show up to the DMV. Ive tried to call them, but of course they never answer the phone.

TIA

Looks like things have changed since I last fought w/ titles/registration in AL. 35+ years old no longer needs title - Alabama Department of Revenue - Motor Vehicles

Will also need proof of insurance and - "When a certificate of title is not required, only a registration is issued. The licensing official or their appointed deputy is required to inspect the vehicle prior to issuing a registration each time there is a change in ownership of the vehicle. An inspection is not required for a registration renewal." = usually just a look at VIN

Good luck, your local office likely won't have a clue!

I'd apply for an antique tag for it. That's what I'm doing with my '77 CJ7 that's been sitting for 7 years.

Tried to PM you but your in box is full

Should be cleared now

I did finally speak to someone and they said if it's a previously registered AL vehicle all you'll need is Insurance, Bill of sale and VIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom