Advice on quadrajet rebuild appreciated

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Ardent, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Ardent

Ardent

I have a quadrajet on my 350 conversion I'd like to give a new lease on life with a rebuild, however I'm totally out of tune with carbs (always been an FI driver, if it had a glitch, went to the shop). I'd enjoy the knowledge gained from the rebuild, and thus would like to do it myself, and it's dirt simple I'm told. (Plus a whole lot cheaper than the holley's etc I was pricing out).

What I'd appreciate is advice on where to find a rebuild kit and what I really should be replacing. The carb's still running well enough, but I'm swapping out for a brand new crate motor from GM and figure I might as well redo everything so it's a fresh start.

Thanks in advance. :beer:

2. numtel

numtel

If you have never rebuilt a quadrajet before, it is a lot more involved than a normal carb. I tried to rebuild mine one time and it turned out about the same. I recently had mine rebuilt by a carb shop and it runs great now. I would recommend having it done by a shop.

3. Ardent

Ardent

Great info thanks, will pour over the links, and look into what shops I have locally. :)

4. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    just make sure ytou put alll the peices you took out back in , thats all, not to hard just take your time,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.