Advice on Potential FJ40 Purchase (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ps, that diamond plating in the rear sill is likely covering up rust, or a less-than-original repair. So just be mentally ready to see something ugly there when you remove it

I appreciate the info, and expect as much.

I may not be saying much in response to your information/advice, but believe me... I'm soaking it all up. When it comes to the Suzuki Samurai, I know pretty much all there is to know. Landcruisers... not so much. I've wanted one ever since 1989 when I was about 10 years old, and a guy moved into the neighborhood that had one. It sat at the end of his driveway for years, only being used when it snowed. (He was a doctor, so he had to have a reliable 4wd to get to work when it snowed. We lived on a mountain, so snow was a little more of a factor) For some odd reason, I just never got one. I've had several Jeeps, Samurais, and Toyota Trucks, but never a Landcruiser. They always seemed to be too expensive... even back when they were cheap.

Last edited:
I just had surgery on my wrist today, so I'm down to one hand for 2 weeks. However, if I feel up to it, I'm going to look at the FJ on Sunday. I'll keep you guys posted.

Well this definitely isn't the update I wanted to give, but he just sent me a text letting me know that he sold it. Said he got 13k for it. If this stupid wrist surgery hadn't come along, I would probably have bought it today. Oh well... I always say that everything happens for a reason. I guess I'll just save my money and wait for another one. Sorry to waste all of your time, but I sure appreciate all of your input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom