Advice on mechanic in SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thecoldfish.com
Hey LC lovers,

I've been without a Cruiser for five years, and the wife has okayed my re-entry into the community. So I'm about to pull the trigger on buying a used 100. It's a 2004 that seems pretty stock. Drove it, and it felt and sounded good. Any advice on what I should do for 'due diligence' in the purchase? What should I look closely at?

I want a mechanic to look at it. Can anyone suggest a professional or seasoned LC lover in the Woodland Hills area of Southern California who would look the rig over for any red flags. The seller tells me he's already done this with some mechanics he knows, but I want someone to take a look for me.

I've heard good and mixed things about K&H Imports in Canoga Park, which isn't too far from Woodland Hills. Can anybody speak to that outfit?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Jason

RPM Garage in Monrovia. I know it's a bit far for you. But They specialize in 100 series. The owner have several LC, so he is very familiar with it.

RPM Garage in Monrovia. I know it's a bit far for you. But They specialize in 100 series. The owner have several LC, so he is very familiar with it.
Thanks for the recommendation!

RPM Garage in Monrovia, CA.

Prices are reasonable, opinions are honest, the owner and mechanics are true enthusiasts and own offroad rigs themselves. They are intimately familiar with the 100 series (and other series of LC for that matter, and Tacomas, 4 Runners... you get the idea) as the owner currently has 2 100s in his personal fleet, an 80 series, not to mention a handful of past 100s, 80s, and 60s. For reference, you can see the Yelp and Instagram accounts for reviews and current projects. My own 99 LX470 is there right now for a lift and and some needed maintenance.

Steve - RPM Offroad Garage (@rpmoffroadgarage) • Instagram photos and videos
RPM Garage - Monrovia, CA

I don't have any personal experience, but TLC 4x4 isn't too far from you, they are in Chatsworth. As their name implies, they deal exclusively with Land Cruisers.

I just walked past RPM today. Didnt realize it was so close to where I Live. I might have to go in and give them some work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom