Advice on leather seat upholstery fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
seems like some of you whizzes change leather covers on your seats every other weekend. Me, I find that a bit daunting.
So any advice on the best / least expensive way to fix this -if only temporarily so it does not damage anything inside-? Never worked on leather before, but not adverse to trying.
Can a shop fix this without having to take it all off you think? What should I ask them to do, if important? What would be a reasonable charge for a shop to do this?

2003. Leather seems in good shape for the age, aside from the seam unraveling. There is a seat heater and a side airbag.

Oh, and yes, I agree, everything is better with duct tape, for sure! But this is my better half plaything, so no go for that, sigh...

IMG_4193.JPG

Hook needle, upholstery thread. Get the leather heated up beforehand. Or, take it to a shop.
I agree - looks like that can be mended back together.

well, I thought about that, of course, but I don't know how I'd terminate that securely without a big knot up top, given my poor sewing skills. And that might not be that well received by people who matter...

Wtf is hupholstery?

LOL, a figment of my imagination, that's what. Shameful, I admit. No excuse. Will correct that.

I had similar rips on my '03. I paid an upholstery shop $125 per seat to remove the leather, sew, and reinstall. Looked like new after the repair.

Marshcat, did they give you a hard time about the airbags?

Marshcat, did they give you a hard time about the airbags?

No. Shouldn't be an issue for any decent upholstery shop. Taking the leather off has nothing to do with the airbag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom