Advice on first cruiser needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve read through the ahc files, read through the 100 series things to watch out for lists.

About to dive deep into my first 100 series. Found one that looks decent. Southern cruiser, records from service through Lexus dealership up until current owner bought two years ago. Brakes all replaced, radiator/hoses replaced, thermostat replaced, steering pinion replaced. Ahc in working order. Been a daily driver last two yrs (10k per year).

Outside of making sure ahc system in working order (will flush upon arriving home (500 mile one way trip).

What am I missing? Using as daily driver/kid hauler. * has 165k miles currently.

^^This

But, radiator and hoses done, which is good- but anticipate doing the heater hose Ts. Most of the big things are already done really, sign up on lexusowners.com and create an account and put the VIN into it, thatll show all service records at any lexus/toyota dealer

^^This

But, radiator and hoses done, which is good- but anticipate doing the heater hose Ts. Most of the big things are already done really, sign up on lexusowners.com and create an account and put the VIN into it, thatll show all service records at any lexus/toyota dealer

Has a new Lexus battery, new timing belt, tensioner and water pump. Resealed oil filter housing. Front and rear brakes. Thermostat and coolant tee's. New radiator and hoses. New Toyota steering rack and power steering reservoir. Alignment.

Around $4,000 in parts and labor.

Above is description of what’s been done. Hadn’t heard of the oil filter housing being redone before. Wasn’t sure if that’s indicative of other issues I need to look out for or just overzealous preventative maintenance.

Has a new Lexus battery, new timing belt, tensioner and water pump. Resealed oil filter housing. Front and rear brakes. Thermostat and coolant tee's. New radiator and hoses. New Toyota steering rack and power steering reservoir. Alignment.

Around $4,000 in parts and labor.

Above is description of what’s been done. Hadn’t heard of the oil filter housing being redone before. Wasn’t sure if that’s indicative of other issues I need to look out for or just overzealous preventative maintenance.

One of the ways to R&R the steering rack is to remove the oil filter housing to make room to wiggle the rack out. NBD, but it does create an opportunity for a leak if you don't put it back together correctly. Wild guess, but that's my bet.

Sounds like it's GTG for the trip home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom