Advice On Finding A Shop For Timing Belt Job In Chicagoland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,
I'm getting into my first 100 Series a 1998 LX470 with 132,000mi. As far as I can ascertain the timing belt has not been done yet and I would like to get it taken care of asap. I am really running into trouble finding a shop in the Chicago area that can get it done sooner than 6 weeks out. Does anyone know of any trustworthy shops in the area that I might try? Any guidance is appreciated as I clearly I am new here. Thank you in advance,

Hello All,
I'm getting into my first 100 Series a 1998 LX470 with 132,000mi. As far as I can ascertain the timing belt has not been done yet and I would like to get it taken care of asap. I am really running into trouble finding a shop in the Chicago area that can get it done sooner than 6 weeks out. Does anyone know of any trustworthy shops in the area that I might try? Any guidance is appreciated as I clearly I am new here. Thank you in advance,
TCCN automotive that runs the car care nut channel. Owner was a Master Diagnostic Technician before he went indy.

Maybe you can post something if your rig went on YouTube. :)

TCCN automotive that runs the car care nut channel. Owner was a Master Diagnostic Technician before he went indy.

Maybe you can post something if your rig went on YouTube. :)
Yea I would like to get it done there but that is one of the 6 week wait shops. I'm maybe just being paranoid about it just don't like the idea of driving around with the original belt on there.

This is your only mode of transport?

I would wait 6 weeks to have the job done right and keep miles to a minimum in that time if you are worried.
Thanks @Rhetoric you are probably right. It is not my daily but the suspension/tires go on next week and I am dying to drive this thing. Thanks for the response.

R&R performed the right way does matter, not just the parts installed.

Sometimes repairs take out serviceable parts when a mechanic doesn’t follow the book, misses bolts or preparations were poorly done and the resealed components can leak prematurely and your truck ends up in a shop more than it needs to. There are just so many bad repairs these days.

No idea how much the shop charges for a 100 series TB service, but $110 / labor hour does look good and that’s a nice shop local to you in Chicago.

I’d say go for it, go lighter on the gas pedal and keep the RPMs down if that worries you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom