Advice on Engine Rebuilders for a 1FZ-FE 80 Series Engine in SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I am looking for some advice as to who everyone can recommend to help with a rebuild for my 97 LX450 engine. We just pulled it out yesterday and no i am in need of some advice as to a solid engine rebuilder that has worked on the 1FZ-FE engine. We pulled it out ourselves to save on the labor of install and just looking for some advice from mud members that may have had a great experience from shops in SoCal or even if a member can do the work that has the skillset and knowledge.. And time..

Any help from the mud crew would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

I am looking for some advice as to who everyone can recommend to help with a rebuild for my 97 LX450 engine. We just pulled it out yesterday and no i am in need of some advice as to a solid engine rebuilder that has worked on the 1FZ-FE engine. We pulled it out ourselves to save on the labor of install and just looking for some advice from mud members that may have had a great experience from shops in SoCal or even if a member can do the work that has the skillset and knowledge.. And time..

Any help from the mud crew would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Not sure if this helps...
Did a complete rebuild on my LX, got it running exactly 1 week ago.
I'm in Sacramento, I took a leap of faith on my local guy. Kevin who owns Bud Wallmers. He IS AWESOME. He did the head and honed the cylinders. When he measured them I fully anticipated he'd call saying I'd need to bore them (how would I know?). He said that they were all in spec. Saved me serious $

Might be worth the trip.

Have fun, mine is running great!

Not sure if this helps...
Did a complete rebuild on my LX, got it running exactly 1 week ago.
I'm in Sacramento, I took a leap of faith on my local guy. Kevin who owns Bud Wallmers. He IS AWESOME. He did the head and honed the cylinders. When he measured them I fully anticipated he'd call saying I'd need to bore them (how would I know?). He said that they were all in spec. Saved me serious $

Might be worth the trip.

Have fun, mine is running great!
I sent you a pm with some questions about BW's.

Martin Davidson machine shop in Reseda is my first choice.

I’ve never used them but know quite a few customers that have used AAA Engine in Chatsworth.

Martin Davidson machine shop in Reseda is my first choice.

I’ve never used them but know quite a few customers that have used AAA Engine in Chatsworth.
Hey Joey, thanks for the info. I will give Martin D a call in the am. AAA I've seen too many negative reviews and just don't have a good feeling about them. Thanks again for the plug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom