Advice for FJ60 Test Drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJACS - Thanks so much for that link... I need to start finding those resources.

After looking around more and taking in everything learned I agree about holding out with what I have in mind. There's no rush on my end and what is most important to me is to have a solid frame on which to begin.

It will probably cost more, but I am going to expand my search out to AZ and NM etc... looking in those dry climates. I really liked a lot on that site and all were less than 10K with clean frames... Don't mind putting in the money to make them mechanically sound at all.

Really appreciate all the input and friendliness on this forum. Been an awesome learning curve and have a pretty good idea of what exactly I am looking for. Now the waiting game...
Good plan. It took me close to 9 months to find the truck I wanted. Originally from the SW, and spent about 2 years in Portland before I bought it - zero rust anywhere. THe guy I got it from was an airline pilot so was all about maintenance, and had a phone book worth of receipts from Landcruiser Northwest (H55 swap, engine rebuild, 3" OME, knuckle rebuild, etc.).

I bought it without seeing it in person but did talk to the LC NW guys to get their take. Also did the transaction using escrow.com. I wired the funds to them, they held the funds and the title in escrow until the rig was delivered to me, and I had 24 hours to login and confirm that it was as advertised. Then they wired funds to PO, and FedEx'ed the title to me. Easy peasy. Only risk I was exposed to if it had been a scam was the return shipping charges (less than $1K). F

I am still in email communication with the PO - he's a good guy. He sent me videos of the truck being loaded and shipped. He asked that I keep him posted on what I'm doing with the truck. He has another one, and one in Cabo in Mexico. His wife told him he needed to thin the herd, so I lucked out

I have an 1HZ + turbo in the garage that will go in it next summer :grinpimp:

It will probably cost more, but I am going to expand my search out to AZ and NM etc...

Mine was originally an AZ truck. Minimal surface rust when I got it, but no pitted metal. The AZ sun however did a number on the interior. The rear view mirror was a crumbly mess it was so faded. Anytime I would touch it for adjustments, plastic would rain down all over the place. Seats are pretty bleached out. But......no rust. I am good with that. Good luck on your search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom