Advice for Broken Arrow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to run Broken Arrow in a couple of weeks and just wanted some feed back on the trail. I will be driving out from San Diego so trying to make sure i don't get in over my head and can't get the rig and family back home safe. I have a 93 with 2.5 OME lift and Mickey Thompson MTZ in 285. I've also got a winch that i have never had to use. The only thing is I'm not locked. Was just wondering if that is a deal breaker for that trail. Thanks

I ran it a few years ago in a suburban with 35s and it was a cake walk. The worst part of it you can only come down it so no lockers needed. There were a few tight corners and a bunch of Barbie jeeps. Just watch out for the jeeps and you will have a blast.

Broken Arrow is more scenic than technical. It is a very short easy trail and you will have no issues. All the pink jeeps and other wheelers will be the biggest obstacle you face. Make sure you stop and let the kids climb submarine rock and spend time at the look out at the end of the loop. Great photo ops and the kids enjoy getting to run around.

I was up there very recently in my stock height 80 series. I do have lockers, but ran the trail super easy absolutely no trouble whatsoever.

I'm even still rocking my original manufacturers floorboards, and only once did they rub a little bit on the Devils staircase.

With your lift you're going to be golden all the way. Have fun!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413576948.231068.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413576958.780054.jpg

you will have no problems, and the staircase is optional if you don't feel comfortable going down it. Overall, the trail is very easy. I take people there for first time off roading lessons to get comfortable.

I'm looking to run Broken Arrow in a couple of weeks and just wanted some feed back on the trail. I will be driving out from San Diego so trying to make sure i don't get in over my head and can't get the rig and family back home safe. I have a 93 with 2.5 OME lift and Mickey Thompson MTZ in 285. I've also got a winch that i have never had to use. The only thing is I'm not locked. Was just wondering if that is a deal breaker for that trail. Thanks
i remember doing it a stock TJ a few years ago, as well as a mostly stock (slightly bigger tires) 97 k2500 suburban. No probalo. Hell, i even did part of it in my stock 96 rav4. That was a trip.

Really appreciate the feed back and the photos. I'm super pumped about this trip. Of course started going through my rig and realized one of my U joints is missing it's zirk fitting. So it looks like drive shaft is coming apart today.

Hey Johnny D, I'm the dude in the white Honda minivan with a tail light out. We saw you on the road and I believe that you're heading up to broken arrow tomorrow. Have fun.

So....how'd it go? Any cool pictures to share?

I agree on what all the others from AZ said - enjoy the trail

and maybe others in the Sedona area, such as Schnebly Hill Road

Hey Johnny D, I'm the dude in the white Honda minivan with a tail light out. We saw you on the road and I believe that you're heading up to broken arrow tomorrow. Have fun.
yep that was us. great trip. did schnebly hill the first day and camped up top. broken arrow the second day after flagstaff. i will be back in December for Christmas visit. Maybe we can get together for a day of local wheeling. i can always use a break from the in laws.

Glad you had a great time! The hardest obstacle on Schnebly Hill road is avoiding the tourists from the barbie jeeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom