Advice-FJ 40 restoration. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Brand new to the forum and to the restoration process. I have a 72 fj that I am going to start on once I have learned the correct steps to follow/parts to use... the engine ran about a year ago and has been sitting ever since. Not sure of my options here but would like to use this around town and off road obviously. Another concern is should I consider an engine swap of some sort if I want to put it on the highway for short periods of time ( I have a small piece of property about two hours away ). Also would like to hear opinions on installing ac and which to buy if so. Thanks for any advice in advance.

It requires a very skilled person to do a restoration, if I were you i would fix it to make it reliable, enjoy it and then decide if you want to restore it.
I've seen plenty of "restoration" start ups that end up on parts in boxes that loose attention by their owner.
Also, if you post pics we might able to guide you as to "what would we do if we were on shoes".
Just my opinion.

A.J

I know this is old, but you would get a lot more help if you posted in the 40 series tech section. This is for the 2006-2014 FJ Cruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom