Builds ADVFamilyHauler Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have the plans for your setup?
No. I built it on the fly over a couple of weekends. I gathered information from other people who built their systems and pulled together my own version. Hell it is still evolving. I added latches to it so it would stop sliding out about half an inch. Lined with some thick area rug backing to help keep all the gear inside quiet. I am still chasing one noise that I get over rough roads. Cannot for the life of me figure out what is loose and causing it.

Only things I would change on it so far would be:
  • Don't make it quite as deep so the rear seats can recline a little. They will lock but the backs are sitting vertical now. Luckily most of the time the rear seat passengers are the dogs and they don't mind it.
  • Get a stronger handle for the drawer. There is a lot of weight in that drawer and the cast handle is starting to bend. So I am careful not to yank on it too hard.

Sliders have shipped!

4DCBA751-B710-4C41-96C1-E1109E7F779A.gif

Is that 4x4 innovation kit for standard cab 2nd gen tacoma? 66" seems like for 3rd gen 4runner.

I am more concerned about CO poisenig than damaged tail pipe or bumper. I chop my resonator off and then use Hedman header 18804 2.5" cross over pipe. It's cheap, easily replaced/removed and keep the exhaust past the body to prevent exhaust from entering the cabin. The crossover pipe cost $37 and comes in 2 piece. So you have one spare.

I was typing it yesterday but did not notice it only post the picture.

Been waiting 17 weeks now for my Demello front bumper. Unfortunately there is no clear answer on when it will be completed. Superwinch and KC G4 fog lights are just sitting in my garage waiting for a bumper to be installed into.

Been waiting 17 weeks now for my Demello front bumper. Unfortunately there is no clear answer on when it will be completed. Superwinch and KC G4 fog lights are just sitting in my garage waiting for a bumper to be installed into.
ordered my bumper back on april 5, and emailed them a week ago and this was the reply i got from Jason

Ryan,

We just got an update from our laser cutter today. We are being told we will have the GX bumpers 6/5-6/21. I’m pushing them to come in sooner rather than later. Once we have them we will put a rush on building them and getting them off to powder coating.

ordered my bumper back on april 5, and emailed them a week ago and this was the reply i got from Jason

Ryan,

We just got an update from our laser cutter today. We are being told we will have the GX bumpers 6/5-6/21. I’m pushing them to come in sooner rather than later. Once we have them we will put a rush on building them and getting them off to powder coating.
Yep, same info I am getting from Erick at state48overland. No telling when we will get our bumpers. Looks like it will still be another month. At 18 weeks now, placed my order January 29th.

Last edited:
Yep, same info I am getting from Erick at state48overland. No telling when we will get our bumpers. Looks like it will still be another month. At 18 weeks now, placed my order January 29th.

yeah that sucks. I ordered straight from Demello. and from when i ordered i am right about where i expected. also have sliders coming from them too.

yeah that sucks. I ordered straight from Demello. and from when i ordered i am right about where i expected. also have sliders coming from them too.
Just heard from Erick. He had a 3 way conference call with Jason at Demello and the laser cutters. Demello should have the bumper in-house on the 21st then off to powder coat few days after that. Looking like early July when I will actually have the bumper. Are you going to be installing a winch and fogs? I think the 700lbs spring rate will be perfect for all the extra weight up front. Right now the spring rate is a little harsh.

Just heard from Erick. He had a 3 way conference call with Jason at Demello and the laser cutters. Demello should have the bumper in-house on the 21st then off to powder coat few days after that. Looking like early July when I will actually have the bumper. Are you going to be installing a winch and fogs? I think the 700lbs spring rate will be perfect for all the extra weight up front. Right now the spring rate is a little harsh.

yeah. plan on doing a winch. i won one a few years ago and put that one on the tacoma and the old one off the tacoma will go on the Lexus. i already have 700lb springs on my radflos and even now it rides fine to me. I ordered some rigid radiance pods to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom