Builds ADVFamilyHauler Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s mounted up, hood clears no problem. The problem is I can’t reach the hood latch. Will have to Jerry rig something up.

9F03C7AC-4D2C-466F-BFB3-59E0EC7902C9.jpeg

Added amber rock lights. I spliced them into the factory running board light harness so they turn on when the doors are opened and when I unlock the vehicle.

View attachment 2140864

View attachment 2140865

View attachment 2140866

I used the same lights but in white - diffused. Love them every night when hitting the key fob to unlock the doors. I mounted mine to the frame (using self tapping bolts) using Rago mounts bent to 45 degrees rather than the 90 degrees as they come; and I get LOTS of light out to the side. If you crawl with the door ajar, on the second latch, they stay on until about 10 MPH before turning off when using the running board circuit. Perfect for crawling and can save a switch space for other toys.

BTW you can find deals on these Rigid's, in various colors, in their bargain bin at about 1/2 the regular price. I suppose they are last years models. If you get them from bargain bin or "sale" items Rigid's sight on Amazon the'll ship free too. Rigid will email the Amazon link if you call them.

Last edited:
That looks really good compared to your previous rack!

I look into every one’s wheel well and yes, maybe 80% are gone. Where do you source most of your upgrades?
Mainly from whoever has the best deal. My go to companies are state48overland, wheelers and autoanything. Truck brigade was awesome to work with for the prinsu rack. Erick at state48overland is awesome to work with and if you contact him direct he will try his hardest to take care of you. Wheelers offers a forum discount for Tacomaworld and maybe even this forum if you contact them direct they will take care of you. I contact a member over on Tacomaworld to get the best possible prices from autoanything. The engine splash guards I ordered direct from rad rubber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom