Adventures of a Yeti and Andrea!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
Wait didn’t I already have one of these posts?????

Yeah after the last one where I was leaving right up until the last month where it all fell apart I wasn’t going to post this up until it was actually a done deal. Some of you I’ve spoken to about it on the side but as of November 1st I will no longer be a resident of NC. I will then be a resident of WA. After a good 2-3 solid years of trying to get hired on at a commercial appraisal firms in the NC area and keep hearing the same old, no one is retiring (average age of a commercial appraiser is now 54), we aren’t expanding because the economy is still uncertain as well as new developments, etc…….. I shifted my focus to abroad last year and just got hired on to one in the Seattle area.

The next few weeks I’ll be finishing up some things around the house to put it on the market and Andrea will be still here to sell the house and then move out there with me. (with her credentials and experience here getting a job in her field will not be hard anywhere)

There will be things I’ll be getting rid of between now and there and then later a huge yard sale after the house sells. Look for sale posts here as well as links to craigslist ads. Pretty much getting rid of everything we can unless we have an attachment to it. Only things I’m going to be keeping are my tools this time.

I’ve still got family and some great friends in this club so I’ll be back from time to time to drink some beer and maybe squeeze in some wrenching.

This club has been my second home for 7+ years now and I have cherished my time here and set down some great memories and life long friends and this club has given me some that I consider part of my family.

I've been a part of many car clubs before but I've never been a part of any club quite like ONSC. The "family first" atmosphere that we have worked hard to promote since its inception makes this the best and most unique club I've ever been associated with.

I'll be getting in touch with some of my beer amigos from this club to do a beer exchange both for my home brew and west coast beer you can't get for some NC beers i'll no longer be able to get. :)

If anyone makes it out to the seattle area drop me a line

:cheers:

Last edited:
Congrats. I just met you and Andrea but you are definitely good people. Enjoy Seattle and the amazing scenery that WA has to offer.

Congratulations on the new career! You'll certainly be missed but I am glad you persistence has paid off. Wishing you and Andrea all the best.
:cheers::beer:

Congrats on the new gig Al. You sir will be greatly missed by many. In my eyes you are a fixture in this club. Good luck starting out in your new career.

Best of luck. Sad to see you go, but glad to see things working out.
Post up pictures of some good PNW wheeling.

Well. Looks like the next time I am on a fire in WA I will be looking you up. Congrats on your new gig.

Wow, hate to see y'all go Al, but very happy for you. Definitely losing a brick in the ONSC foundation - you both will be missed! Emma and I have Seattle on our short list, so we'll see you in the not-so-distant future!

Wish u guys the best. Hope to see you when you come visit. Best of lucks!

Congrats! Let me know if you need a deal on an old pop up trailer frame ;). Seriously though, congrats. I will be selling a 6x12 V-nose Look Trailer if you are looking for something to take with you...

Hate to see you go ,but understand good luck .when do you want me to pick up that stuff?will hit you up when I visit my aunt, she lives in Seattle.

Congrats! Doing what you want for work makes life all that much more enjoyable regardless of where you call home!

Congratulations Al, I hope the move exceeds your expectations!

Congrats, AL! Wish I had more time to ride/drink with you, but I also know the need to move and I expect WA STATE will be a great place to live.

Congrats, best of luck to you and Andrea.... Surely the west coast beer scene will keep you busy for the foreseeable future.

FYI, I recall that @jpeg is from Portland. And I think she has a brother who lives there who is a cruiserhead who got her into cruisers and who built the custom rack on her red 62.

Al, I'm sorry to see you go, but thrilled for you at the same time. We will take good care of the Yeti wagon down here in the Low Country. My job used to send me to Seattle for like 6 months out of the year, it's a very cool place that always has something going on. I think you'll like it as long as you can stomach the hippies and salmon! I still get up there a few times a year, so I will look you up. Good luck, sir, and keep in touch!

sometimes a change can bring great rewards, We wish you and Andrea all the best. You both will be missed here, but not forgotten.
Good Luck.!!

I'm so sorry to see you go. You've been a pillar of the ONSC family (no pun intended). My whole family wishes you and Andrea the best with the move. Let us know if you need anything.

I hate to see you go Al, but I love to watch you leave. Wait...no....scratch that. Forget I said that.

Seriously though Al, I'm glad you're finally able to find something in the career path you're looking to follow. Congrats on that. We'll definitely miss you here, but wish you well as you continue your adventure back on the other side of the country. Godspeed, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom