Adventure Offroad August 8-9 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jynx

Turd Herder
SILVER Star
Threads
Cross post from GA board. I heard rumor that some of the GA crew may be at AOL the first weekend in August. A few have mentioned wanting to check it out so I thought I would put it up here.

I am most likely going to have some family in town that weekend so I am probably out but wanted to make sure you guys knew. I will try to hit the email blast also to make sure everyone knows.

We're actually toying with the 9th i think but date not set in stone. As of right now it's me, john and Sidney, Adam is being coerced and Danny is "wait and see."

The 9th would work for me/us and I could probably find a grandparent to watch the little heathen.

I'm off the 2nd but have to work the 9th. Not sure that I would be able to come anyway. Even if I do it will just be as a passenger.

We may can make the 9th in the green monster! Ill ask lee to ask off work

From Da Hotel!!!

We may can make the 9th in the green monster! Ill ask lee to ask off work

From Da Hotel!!!

that'd be cool. Hey Jynx--you still in? How do I take you up on the offer for the tranny? Instead of sellin' the sammy get 'er to AOP and let's give it a work out.

So do I need to change the title of this thread to the 9th?

And @tkinze I will throw it in the back of whatever I come down in. I think i may have a flywheel that you can have if you want as well.

So do I need to change the title of this thread to the 9th?

And @tkinze I will throw it in the back of whatever I come down in. I think i may have a flywheel that you can have if you want as well.

I'll know for sure after tomorrow on the date and let ya know. THANKS!! on the parts, whatcha drinking these days?

Watermelon wine coolers eh? having flash backs to earlier years.

Riding the 9th it is!! Will probably come up Fri afternoon (with a Sat night option) like last time and either crash in a cheap nearby hotel or on the trailer again, all weather dependent.

As of right now (w/ rigs) it's:

me - my junk
john - Johns mini junk
Patrick - Woody (62)
Aiden - 80
Roger (the Venezuelan) with a Diesel 70
and maybe Lee ( and Zack) - Green munster-et
Sidney? - 40

Passengers:
Nick - broke junk
Roger (the Venezuelan) see abiove
Jynx - can't be shamed into wheeling the Sami but has a trans for me so gets a pass

would be great to get a couple more rigs.

Last edited:
Title officially changed. I will fire off an email this week to make sure everyone knows, maybe pick up a few more rigs.

Watermelon wine coolers.... :confused: not even in college!

@tkinze we will get together :beer: and for the record, if I had a trailer, I'd drag the sami down there. It hasn't moved much (read at all) since last fall, and that is about to change. Nobody is gonna pay what I want so we gonna git some monies out of it the only other way I know how to. Been looking at trailers this weekend. :D

Last edited:
Nobody is gonna pay what I want so we gonna git some monies out of it the only other way I know how to. Been looking at trailers this weekend. :D

I'd be lying if I said this disappointing me bugt i understand. Someone on here has to have a trailer they can lend you for 1 day, please!!

$1300-1800 seems to be about the range depending on condition and brake options. I searched for 3 months all over the SE before jumping on a deal, I'll keep my eyes open.

Yeah, I know a few guys that I could probably borrow one from, so we may surprise you.

As far as trailers, that is what I am seeing around here as well. Biggest thing I am struggling with is that most trailers have 3500# axles, and I would kinda like something that I could put the Massey on if I need to, so wondering if I should just bump up to 5200# axles, which means a heavier trailer and more $$. But the problem with having a heavier trailer is I am gonna have to be careful not to get more trailer then I have truck to pull.

Anybody know what the average weight of a standard trailer is? The MF is gonna be around 5,000-6,000 # so depending on the weight of the trailer I would be right at the limit of what the axles would be rated for. As usual I am probably over thinking this whole thing.

When I was looking at trailers I looked at a ton of weights and capacities. The actual trailer weight varies VERY little between the 3500# and 5200# axles. Maybe a couple hundred pounds. I think the biggest 10k I looked at was like 2500-2600 lbs curb weight. If the MF weighs between 5-6k you will likely be at or above the tow capacity for any of your trucks. The biggest thing will be brakes for sure. Need to have trailer brakes on both axles to be able to slow that beast down.

Now, aside from that thread hijack, ya'll have fun! I will not be able to go because I have to work that day. I MIGHT be able to make it out that following weekend for the OTMT though... Just Saturday and home early on Sunday if I do go.

We won't make this ride lee has to work and has done took off that Tuesday for a concert. :(

From Da Hotel!!!

Yeah, I talked to a guy today about one, heavy frame with 3500# axles, but he said it could easily handle a little more. The MF is probably going to bumm a ride with a pal with a 3/4 ton and a gooseneck. Gonna call the guy back tomorrow to discuss the HD trailer. On a side note I am researching how to get more capacity out of the Ford. Betsy may get some frame beef, 14 bolt and cheby 3/4 ton ifs outers up front.... eventually :cool: then bring on the gooseneck.

I gots 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure the 4runner pulling the sami on an 1800# trailer will be within the towing limits. Just have to make sure I get a brake controller and a 6pin plug for it. We shall see if I can pull this off. o_O Down Monteagle MTN will be my only concern.

Farm truck gonna need a lot more under the hood to to haul around a heavy trailer w/ a load. Wouldn't swear to it but pretty sure my 16' trailer is right around 2K lbs just for reference.

Fired off an email to most of the current STLCA roster this morning. Hoping we might gain a few rigs.

As far a the farm truck, wasn't too many moons ago that 300 ft-lb was a solid number for a diesel rig... I figure the Ole 300 I6 is good for a solid 250 ft-lb, she may not pull it at 70 mph up Monteagle mtn, but I figure she'll do fine with 5k-7k # @ 55 mph about anywhere I feel like going.

Might be able to make it Sat. , but I will have to bring the Grand C. . The new to me Yota is not ready yet .

the more the merrier!! sounding like we might have a few more moderate rigs for this ride and AOP can be a lot of fun for a 33" tire and single locker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom