Advanced adapters to split case fitment issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TuffMudder

Still working on my FJ55!
Threads
Just had a call from my builder. Apparently the split case cluster pin gets in the way when trying to mount it to the advanced adapter. He suggested just machining off the part of the pin that sticks out. He says it should take care of the fitment issue and shouldn't create any problems.

Unfortunately I'm out of town so I can't go take a look, but he's going to try to text me a picture later tonight.

Wanted to see if anyone had encountered this issue before or at least get advise on whether machining a bit of excess cluster pin would cause problems

Thanks

Mine went together fine with no machining.

Are you talking about the idle cluster pin?

Does he have the original transmission on hand to see how much the pocket should be?

I've had very good luck with AA parts so I would be mildly shocked if there was an issue.

Is the tcase being rebuilt? Maybe a bad cluster pin?

He just said cluster pin. I'll get a pic up shortly
I do not have the original transmission
The tcase was rebuilt before I bought it I believe, but not since i've had it

Here's the pic he sent me. Don't know if it helps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415416372.516736.jpg

Not exactly, but your post made me think, so i texted him. I received the split case assembled and passed it on to him that way. He was trying to attach it to the adapter already assembled. Don't know if that is what caused the problem, but he's going to try it disassembled and see how it goes.

I believe mine was flush like this..

img_5764-jpg.918436

Damn, so I have a problem with my Tcase. Anyone have any experience with these transfer case and know why the pin would be sticking out and how it could be fixed?

Tuffmudder,

If what I think he is talking about, the idler gear shaft, it has to be flush, like JMack's picture. The shaft on the other side will protrude just enough to install the lock plate. It fits in a groove on the shaft and bolts down. Here's the only picture I have of the shaft.

IMG_1629.JPG

Good call Ron. He just texted me and said the pin was in backwards. He fixed it and now it is flush

Tuffmudder,

If what I think he is talking about, the idler gear shaft, it has to be flush, like JMack's picture. The shaft on the other side will protrude just enough to install the lock plate. It fits in a groove on the shaft and bolts down. Here's the only picture I have of the shaft.

View attachment 962927

Oooh, split-case PTO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom