Adjustments needed to fit 1974 and earlier rear 1/2 swing doors onto a 1975 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1975 FJ40 and am about to buy a set of rear 1/2 doors which are from a 1971 FJ40. But before I pay and ship them across the country, does anyone know what adjustments are needed to make them fit onto a 1975?

Thx, John

Hey,

You will need to drill some holes for the new hinges. It is not a bolt on deal, but it is not very difficult either.
I am in Simi too!

The notch in the tub so the ambulance doors fit flush could be a issue. I tried a 71 FST tailgate on a 76 FHT. The tailgate fit flush with the back of the tub. Thinking barn doors will be right about the same width. If that is the case could make some spacers for door side of the hinge. That would recess the doors. Could also try thick weatherstripping. Once you have the doors would lay the doors flat on the ground. With them latched together measure the width then measure the tub and see which way to want handle it. If you decide to use spacers on the hinge to recess the doors be sure you have the height correct for the bottom as well as the sides.

Would also have to switch the license plate bracket to the right door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom