Adjusting Valves Without a New Gasket, Bad Idea??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well finally a day off and really want to adjust the valves on the 2F, but I cant source a head cover gasket today. I will have one before the end of the week, would it be a bad idea to adjust them today and put the new gasket on later on this week? It doesn't have any leaks now. Is this a bad idea?

depending how old it is. once they get old and hard it's time to go. i just my did valves a few weeks ago, my gasket reached the hard spot. now it leaks a bit.

no biggie, do them now and replace gasket at will. it won't really "leak" it's more of a weep. you'll just notice a light film of oil on the head. you could probably even just let it go till the next time you do the valves, depending how much you run it.

Thanks for the quick response!!

just don't pinch it where you can't see (like right next to the firewall) did that onmine and it sucked trying to find that leak

I notice no one mentioned silicone gasket.. it's easy and durable and it will seal vey well
if the gasket is in ok shape you can put a light film of rtv then reinstall the cover with the old gasket....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom